Heater Motor Issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Heater Motor Issues

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Hi

Has anyone had to deal with a heater motor issue on a 1998 S2 Xantia?

The heater has been working intermittently recently, and would not work at all at one point.
Then by carefully operating the slider control for the blower speed it started to work again, so it seemed O.K.

Although that now seem not to be the case.
I am aware that the engine needs to be running for the circuit to the fan to be active.

The first check I did was the fuse, and it is O.K.
I checked the connection to the fan at the point where the connector block goes in with the four wires, and there is a supply at the red wire.

Note, previously the block could be moved, and the fan then worked at that time so I cleaned up the contacts, and made sure the connector(s) had good contact.

Now all I seem to get when putting the connector block on/off is nothing, and it appears that the motor is faulty.

So is that really the case, has anyone else had problems like these, and is it an easy job to change a heater motor?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Northern_Mike

Re: Heater Motor Issues

Post by Northern_Mike »

Most people who own a Xantia have to deal with heater blower of one kind or another.

There's lots of troubleshooting info but I struggle to post links from my phone...

Changing the blower and/or motor is a piece of cake anyway. 10 mins of a job. Pull down the carpet under the glovebox, look up. You'll see the blower motor assembly. It's held in by 3 screws. Undo screws. Blower falls out. If you have aircon, the pollen filter is up there too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Re: Heater Motor Issues

Post by rory_perrett »

Long thread in the stickies above

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=41428" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;