Front Brake Disks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

LehaneRacing
My Cars:

Front Brake Disks

Post by LehaneRacing »

Hi all.
Not sure this is the correct area.....
I've got a 2003 Saxo 1.6VTR full race car. I've heard that the Peugeot 306 front brake discs are a good upgrade for the Saxo front disks. Can anyone tell me if they are just a straight swap & which ones to use? I'm running the 14" Saxo wheels & std brake callipers.
Thanks
Kieron
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Re: Front Brake Disks

Post by oscar »

Hi probably won't fit?as most 306 are a 15" fit design which will bring calipers out further than your 14"s you have to fit then measure and allow that most cheap alloy's inc TSW etc have a deep well in middle to fit tyre's so lose more room.Saxo/106's are a 13/14" design car.
Best place to go for disc's is HiSpec in Watling street Dartford they make all the conversions so can use orig caliper but have brackets to space out then go with wheels like compomotive as they are heat treated and have a low wheel well so can run larger brakes they are designed so can run with tyre flat and it stays on rim so can get to end of stages etc or don't lose control on circuit.
Compomotives are similar or cheaper than the johnny go faster wheels most people buy have steel inserts/seats for bolts so get your cash back/value as last so long.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

oscar wrote:Hi probably won't fit?as most 306 are a 15" fit design which will bring calipers out further than your 14"s you have to fit then measure and allow that most cheap alloy's inc TSW etc have a deep well in middle to fit tyre's so lose more room.Saxo/106's are a 13/14" design car.
all the 306's i have seen/worked on have been on 14's, and all the Saxo's/106's have been on 13's
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
LehaneRacing
My Cars:

Post by LehaneRacing »

citronut wrote:all the 306's i have seen/worked on have been on 14's, and all the Saxo's/106's have been on 13's
I think the Saxo VTR / VTS run on the 14" rims (at least mine does), so if that is the case, 306 14" brake discs should fit?