kkk turbocharger

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

kkk turbocharger

Post by bernie »

Hi
Can someone confirm that screwing the adjuster in (clockwise)increases the pressure?
Ta
Bernie
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Yes turning clockwise (inwards) increases boost pressure.
John
pauley
My Cars:

Post by pauley »

Yep, shortening the actuator rod increases the boost pressure.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Thanks
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Can you please describe which bit you are screwing in. Do you loosen the lock nut then screw in the screw? Is the screw an Allen head?
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

Hello Boncechops
Yes exactly as you describe, the part you turn needs an allen key to turn it.
John
xantiaBFY
My Cars:

Post by xantiaBFY »

hello guys,
When you increase the pressure,how do you measure the increase?What's the maximium that is not damaging to the engine?
thanks
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

I have a Tuning Guide for tuning these engines, there are other adjustments to be made in conjunction with the boost pressure, this guide explains this, there are also pictures of the adjustments, there are 16 A4 pages, it is in PDF format 834kb. If anyone wants me to email this, email me.
John
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

I have emailed you, John
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

John (acrowot) I had my KKK boost increased to 1.15 bar from a standard 0.8 Bar on my Xantia. Allard Diesel Sport did it. I had screwed it in slightly myself while messing around. I took it from 0.8 Bar to 0.9 Bar. You need an 8mm ring spanner with a crancked end. Its tight though, so, I got a new cranked spanner and cut it in half to reduce its length. It was easy after this. Allard said he screwed it in as far as it would go. For 80 quid he also adjusted the fueling and recons I have at least 110 Bhp now. It certainly feels like it. I took it to Allard because to do it right you need a gas meter to measure CO and CO2 to get the mixture right. When I did it I just looked for smoke.. then backed off a little. It smoked too much after I tried it. After Allard did it I found it much more powerful, less thirsty and lower smoke. With the right kit you can get it right I guess.