Xantia speakers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TerrySankey
My Cars:

Xantia speakers

Post by TerrySankey »

Have fitted a new Sony CD/MP3 head unit and Sony front speakers ... and the bass is @#*+! I have a P reg LX so have no back speakers. Anyone know where the rear wires on the ISO block that attach to the head unit end up? Boot? Back doors? Two inches from the back of the head unit? [:)] Just to save me pulling the trim apart (and rattling from here to eternity! [:(] Thanks for any enlightenment.
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Did you wire the front spears in phase? (plus to plus , minus to minus) If they are out of phase the resultant effect would be a lack of bass. Try swapping the cables on one speaker around, no harm will be done, see if the bass improves.
You could also try purchasing some sound deadening mat. Used around the location of the speaker this would allow greater bass response from the cone of the speaker. It helps to stop the panel vibrating and absorbing the sound energy produced by the speaker.
As far as the addition of rear speakers, the Sony installation instructions should tell you where to connect speaker cables to. You'd be better off running aftermarket cables from the head unit to the respective speakers independant of the existing car wiring. This will not only simplify things but allow for less distortion and better sound quality. If you have the scope for it 6x9's in the parcel shelf would give more than enough bass for your average audiophile.