Bosch Pump Question

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

evilally

Bosch Pump Question

Post by evilally » 14 Nov 2013, 19:47

As part of other works, I'll have the fuel pump off my car so I thought I'd fit the fresh out the wrapper Bosch that I have on the shelf. The first task was to de-armour and remove the immobiliser, which didn't look like a pleasant task. However the pump I have seems to be a little different to the one in CitroJim's guide, and certainly a bit different to the other pump I'd removed an immobiliser from previously. That one had the immobiliser screwed to the pump body with 2 recessed security bolts covered with glue (those were a right s**t). This one only had one security bolt on the armour which gave up with a couple of taps with a chisel and came out easily, the immobiliser came away with the armour:

.....it all seems a little too easy. Will it work ok do you think?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Bosch Pump Question

Post by CitroJim » 15 Nov 2013, 06:11

It'll work out fine Ally - just take 12v to the stop solenoid and you'll be absolutely fine :-D

That armour came off nice and easy!

spider

Post by spider » 15 Nov 2013, 09:07

I've done that type too. The only concern I had was the 'cap' on the solenoid, as the solenoid did not have any threads just a plain shaft and I was unhappy that the 'cap' would stay on so I replaced the solenoid and then the usual piece of cable with (soldered and heatshrunk) eyelet.

evilally

Post by evilally » 16 Nov 2013, 13:10

Thanks guys, that's my weekend's entertainment sorted!