Keeping the C5 for >10 years?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

begins
My Cars:

Keeping the C5 for >10 years?

Post by begins »

Hi all,

I own a Citroen C5 2.0L 5 doors, year 2007. Is this a car that can last me for the next 10 years or so? Tell me more, if you have own a Citroen for more than 10~15 years.

Going by your experience and Citroen car making history, are spare parts easily obtainable then? What are the parts that are likely to fall apart that I need to keep spare?

Kindly advise me.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
centurus2400

Re: Keeping the C5 for >10 years?

Post by centurus2400 »

Well, my C5 was purchased new in 2001, and 165,000 miles later it is still going strong.

The air con doesn't work after a coming together with a muntjac deer that had a death wish (fulfilled)
Not worth the effort and expense of fixing it.

Normal service items have been replaced as and when required, and it had a new battery after nine years

It's had a new clutch and DMF, and been de catted - well the old one fell off and a piece of straight pipe was so much cheaper. It went through it's MOT in September with no advisories.

The bodywork is battle scarred in a few places but there no sign of any rust.

It's a tough old thing.

Regards

Philip
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Keeping the C5 for >10 years?

Post by Peter.N. »

The newer ones do seem to be more complicated and difficult to repair so the answer is I don't know. My C5 is already 12 years old with nearly 200,000 miles and its going fine, even has original clutch/DMF so I shall be sticking to that for a while yet, in fact if I have to replace it, another pre 04 2.0.Hdi will be the preferred option.

Peter