307 dpf replacement

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johntom

307 dpf replacement

Post by johntom »

Hi
We have a 2005 307 1.6 hdi which has been struggling up hills and generally lacking power. The other day it went bang, very noisey with smoke from the front and it ground to a halt at the top of a large hill.The car was recovered home and on inspection the bottom half of the DPF has dropped and melted through the engine under tray!
I have removed the under tray and the DPF/exhaust clamp and the bottom half of the DPF fell to the floor, as this happened to anyone else and what causes it ?
Also, how were the 2 halves fastened together (no flange or bolts etc) just wondering how to replace it?
citronut
My Cars:

Re: 307 dpf replacement

Post by citronut »

the one u did on exact year and engine the DPF and cat were joined with a large flange clap all the way round the cat DPF body, it also has a soft woven wire sealing band/ring in between the joint,

the complete unit is held onto the engine block by two studs with nuts,

i know this as i took my friends cat/DPF off to clean it through, re/fitted it only to take it all back off when i did the clutch and DMF a couple of weeks later,

the cat/DPF has to come off on doing a clutch as one of its mounting studs sits right across the path of one clutch housing bolt :evil: :evil: :? :? :x :x ,
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

If you need a DPF I can recommend CATS2U. I've sent a few 307s owners this way for them to get one and either fit it themselves or get a local garage to do it and then I use Planet to reset the counters.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
johntom

Post by johntom »

I have removed the top half tonight (cat?) . I was expecting loads of obvious black soot in the dpf end but the honeycomb still looked off white in colour ? The top half has a scalped edge, the dpf has a metal ring and a soft woven wire ring, the whole thing seams to push back together and feels quite tight - it took 2 of us to separate it again, so how and why did it fall apart whilst driving ( the mounting bolts were tight and the turbo and flexipipe clamps were on ?
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

maybe the last person to dismantle it did not seat the band/flange clamp properly
Regards, malcolm.

johntom

Post by johntom »

Hi
there wasn't a clamp of any sort there so I called into peugeot today and ordered a fitting kit (clamp, woven ring and the metal band - £35 ouch!). so at least I should be able to put it back together now.

Also what did you clean the dpf out with ?
Thanks
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the valeter next to my workshop steam cleaned it out ( proper steam ) not just a jet wash,

then we thoroughly blew it out with the air line
Regards, malcolm.

johntom

Post by johntom »

When I reassemble the dpf etc how do I reset the ecu (I have planet)?
Thanks
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

I think its in ENGINE ECU, there's an option under "replacement parts".
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i thought it was under the heading/section of "personalise settings"
Regards, malcolm.

johntom

Post by johntom »

Hi
I now have the dpf back on but I can't find how to reset the counter in Planet?
If I go into personalise maintainable it comes up with personalised maintainable if FAP, I select the ecu the asks for the RPO/DAM etc then gearbox type and mileage and then tells me it needs changing?
But nothing on resetting?
I have started the car, the display comes up with 'antipollution fault' the EML is on and the fault is 'particle filter blocked' ! My neighbour soaked it in an industrial cleaner for a week them steam cleaned it, can it really be blocked?
Thanks
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

You need to go into Engine ecu, Parameters, and then DPF information, and check the pressure differential readings, it should be zero with the engine off. 307 has a habit of breaking the sensor if driven for ages when its blocked.
If the sensor is broken, you will not be able to reset the faults.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
johntom

Post by johntom »

Hi
If I go into read faults then click on " engine Ecu, perm fault, particle filter clogged" then F6 it gives me fault code P1447, eng speed 0 RPM, coolant 22deg, pression differentielle 0 Mbar ? Cat temp 95 deg, Regen. status regeneration active, mileage..

If I highlight engine Ecu faults. 'Ok' then Parameter measurements, standard parameter measurements, 'Ok' I see particle emission filter load 0 %, cat downstream temp. <100 deg. Weight of additive in PEF 79g, volume if additive remaining in Resovoir 3000ml. Exhaust differential pressure 0 Mbars, intake air temp at flow sensor 39 deg. Intake air temp at manifold 23 deg.

After the car had been started I also get " perm fault. Egr circuit air flow measured higher than the reference value" this fault clears but returns. The Egr has a blanking plate fitted?

After the dpf was steam cleaned on Sunday it has been outside, if it was damp inside would that cause the problem?
Thanks