water ingress.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dendo50
New User

water ingress.

Post by dendo50 »

2008 C4 Picasso. Fan has stopped working and water present on wire to fan water ingress wen its raining wet carpets etc.Can any one help thanks dennis
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: water ingress.

Post by myglaren »

Can you check and see if the drain from the heater/aircon is clogged?
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

Not sure if Steve's referring to the same, but check the open chamber where air for heater is first drawn in, which in the case of a friend's Vectra, was between rear of bonnet and windscreen - it was clogged with leaves, resulting in water not draining away, but instead finding it's way into & flooding the footwell (and causing a squeaky fan)
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

It's a known problem on C4 Picassos - the drains block up on the scuttle. You need to pull back the wheel arch liner behind the front wheel on both sides - you can do this without jacking it up if you put it on full opposite lock. There are 3 plastic clips in the liner, remove these (note if it's fitted with mud flaps you'll need to remove these too), then pull the liner forward. Reach up behind, and you will find a small rubber square drain tube, pull this out (it's just clipped into the scuttle) and a load of water will rush out. Clean out the tube, and the scuttle above with a finger, then flush it well from above. Put the tube back in (I remember it's a bit awkward, but it will go - there is a plastic clip that needs to be put on the tube, and it only fits one way). If it's a freezing cold day you will now be soaked to the armpit in freezing cold fetid water, but the car won't be wet inside anymore!!
Richard W
dendo50
New User

Post by dendo50 »

Hi many Thanks will look at it to day.