Fit radio inC2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kinny

Fit radio inC2

Post by kinny »

Hi, I have a C2 which has never had a radio fitted. In its place there is a plastic compartment for storage. I would like to remove this and fit either a citroen or aftermarket head unit.
The problem is how do iremove the plastic compartment. I have tried pulling and prising the sides with a screw driver. I dont want to damage the fascia. Anyone help with info like where the retaining clips are located maybe sides or top and bottom.

any help would be really welcome
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Fit radio inC2

Post by wheeler »

It should just prise out from the sides. If it came from the factory without a radio fitted you better check if it has any speakers fitted aswell. All the wiring should be present though. Am i right in thinking there is no multifunction display on the dash above the radio but just a clock instead ? If so then if you fit an original citroen radio you wont have any display with radio stations, track info etc. An original radio would also need coded with Lexia.
kinny

Post by kinny »

Thanks Wheeler, for the response :-D

I'll give it a try, working from the sides.
You ave a good point about the speakers; it does have an aerial though. Also you are correct about the clock, my one has a small LCD screen that looks only to display the time.

So it looks like i have 2 options
1) Fit an after market unit
2) Fit a C2 unit, install a new LCD dispaly and get it coded.

For option 2, is it possible to fit a better display LCD screen? and if the radio will need coding is this something i would need to get done at a main dealer?

Option 2 is starting to sound expensive!

Thanks

Kinny
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I wouldn't dream of option 2, you could get a far better spec head unit (USB & aux inputs etc) for way less money, probably with Bluetooth hands free as well.
It probably has an aerial as the bodyshell will have been manufactured with the holes already there.
kinny

Post by kinny »

Ok. I understand where you are coming from. I must admit when I saw the aerial I assumed all the speakers etc... Would be there. I hope they are. Otherwise I will have more work to do. Are they easy to get at, or is it case of removing the door card.

Thanks. Kinny :o
kinny

Post by kinny »

Hi, anyone help?
I'm trying to fit an aftermarket cd to my C2. I have removed the compartment in the dash. Looking at the wiring I can see only a single Black adaptor plug which I understand I need to buy an adaptor cable to make it iso format so it fits aftermarket head units. But what I can't find is an aerial cable. Is this part of the wiring loom, or maybe there isn't one fitted.

hope the question isn't too stupid. Thanks Kinny
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If it has an aerial cable fitted then it shouldn't be to far from the radio plug. you could try looking at the aerial bas end to see if there is a cable attatched. Just be aware if you have the later style C2 (which it sounds like you have as you said there is only a single radio plug & it's not ISO) then the aerial cable end will look different to normal aerial plugs it will be a plastic end, you will also need an adaptor to convert the aerial plug to a standard format.
kinny

Post by kinny »

I think i have found it. Because no radio has ever been fitted the cable was taped to some wires deep inside the dash. You are correct the cable has a small plastic plug on the end and not a traditional metal plug (MKII C2)

For the connection cables, loosk like there are 2 types. With and without steering stalk controls.
Am i correct in assuming i buy either one or the other plus a patch lead for what ever radio a have (Kenwood).
this the cheap ones are £5-10 and the steering stalk ones £35 ish

Thanks again for the help.

Kinny