Replacing a Stolen ECU Puegeot 806

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hattonthewalrus
New User

Replacing a Stolen ECU Puegeot 806

Post by hattonthewalrus »

Hi

We have recently had our Engine ECU stolen from a 2002 Petrol 2.2 Puegeot 806, and there are currently 3 connectors loose (Grey Black and Red). My question is where can I buy from and if I buy 2nd hand (Ebay) what model do I need and does it need programming or canI just plug it in? Really at a loss to what the best and most affordable way to do this is.

Any help would be much appreciated.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You have three options I can think of.

The first is to order a new ECU from a dealer; your VIN will determine exactly what the part number is. I have no idea of price new.

The next option is to find out what type of ECU it was (most likely one of either Sagem, Magnetti Marelli MM48 or Magnetti Marelli MM6LP) and have a used one permanently unlocked. All three of these use the same connectors but are NOT wired the same inside the plugs.

Your third option is to buy a complete donor kit. This would come from a written off matching donor car and is all locks including ignition, at least one original key, the BSI, dash clocks, and of course the ECU. Again the variant of computer must be determined as similar vehicles may be differently equipped.