C2 VTR Problem with Lexia not seeing some ECU's

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gman

C2 VTR Problem with Lexia not seeing some ECU's

Post by Gman »

First of all hi everyone, i am new to the forum and joined as i have seen some superb advice hear :)

I hope i am not repeating a thread, i have read all i can find hear and mine appears to be a little different :)

Ok down to the nitty gritty, i have just purchased a Lexia setup rig with the DiagBox etc, and i am having a problem with my C2 VTR 2003 not speaking to all of the ECU's, hear is the strange thing, it detects the VIN ok, i enter the correct RP(Found in the door jamb) i do a global diagnosis, and it goes through all the ECU's, it has NO dialogue with all of the ECU's except the (Anti-lock brake system) it finds that ECU only.

So you have all the information, this is what i have setup so far, and what i have tested and noticed

Using
DiagBox V07.04
Lexia 500.48
Communication Card SW V4.3.0
I have tested this rig on my Mrs C3 and everything works fine, it finds all the ECU's and communicates with them all, so i am thinking it must me something to do with my C2 :cry:

Noticed
In the Downloading list for example my injection ECU (Bosh ME744) ME7.4.4 is listed, but when i go to the downloading section of Lexia, my ECU does not show, only a few are and i assume what is the next version of the ECU, the ME745 but not mine (could this be the issue?) (hope that made sense) if so how can i fix that?

Tested
On my Mrs C3 2003 all works no problem, she has a Sagem ECU (if this makes a difference or not)

So all i am at a bit of a loss, i could understand if it would not see any ECU's at all (could be as i have read hear, fuses or wiring) but to read only the Anti-lock brake ECU, and not the others has got me stumped.

So any advice and help would be much appreciated :)
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: C2 VTR Problem with Lexia not seeing some ECU's

Post by Mandrake »

Gman wrote:First of all hi everyone, i am new to the forum and joined as i have seen some superb advice hear :)

I hope i am not repeating a thread, i have read all i can find hear and mine appears to be a little different :)

Ok down to the nitty gritty, i have just purchased a Lexia setup rig with the DiagBox etc, and i am having a problem with my C2 VTR 2003 not speaking to all of the ECU's, hear is the strange thing, it detects the VIN ok, i enter the correct RP(Found in the door jamb) i do a global diagnosis, and it goes through all the ECU's, it has NO dialogue with all of the ECU's except the (Anti-lock brake system) it finds that ECU only.

So you have all the information, this is what i have setup so far, and what i have tested and noticed

Using
DiagBox V07.04
Lexia 500.48
Communication Card SW V4.3.0
Diagbox 7.04 is not the latest version but it's less than a year old so should be fine for a 2003 model year car. Your Lexia version and interface firmware (4.3.0) are fine as well.

What is the RP number you're entering ? Depending on year its the last 4 or 5 digits of the long number on the door card. Probably 5 digits for the year of your car.
I have tested this rig on my Mrs C3 and everything works fine, it finds all the ECU's and communicates with them all, so i am thinking it must me something to do with my C2 :cry:
I assume you need the same cable/connector for both cars - the 16 pin D shaped OBD-II connector ? If so the fact it works on the C3 would tend to rule out the cable.
Noticed
In the Downloading list for example my injection ECU (Bosh ME744) ME7.4.4 is listed, but when i go to the downloading section of Lexia, my ECU does not show, only a few are and i assume what is the next version of the ECU, the ME745 but not mine (could this be the issue?) (hope that made sense) if so how can i fix that?
That's nothing to worry about. The "Downloading" section is only for updating the firmware (software) on ECU's - only those models of ECU that actually have a firmware update available will be listed. That yours is not listed in the downloading section just means that Citroen never released a firmware update for your ECU.
Tested
On my Mrs C3 2003 all works no problem, she has a Sagem ECU (if this makes a difference or not)

So all i am at a bit of a loss, i could understand if it would not see any ECU's at all (could be as i have read hear, fuses or wiring) but to read only the Anti-lock brake ECU, and not the others has got me stumped.

So any advice and help would be much appreciated :)
The first thing I would check is whether there is voltage on the power pins of the OBD-II connector in the car. You can find the pinouts here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II#OBD-II" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pins 4 and 5 are chassis and signal ground respectively, while pin 16 is 12 volts. If you're missing 12 volts on pin 16 check the fuse panel inside the car for a blown fuse as the Lexia will not work properly without power supplied from the diagnostic socket.

After that, I'm not sure... I have no experience with a C2 unfortunately, but maybe someone else does.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Gman

Re: C2 VTR Problem with Lexia not seeing some ECU's

Post by Gman »

Hi Mandrake,

Firstly thank you for your very helpful fast response :)

Ok so went through everything as you suggested and still nothing, then it hit me what you said about the RP number :idea: (What is the RP number you're entering ? Depending on year its the last 4 or 5 digits of the long number on the door card, Probably 5 digits for the year of your car)

Myself like you assumed because of the year it required 5 digits, so for a laugh I thought try 4 see what happens, I was using 5 because the antilock brake ECU was being read ok so that threw me off the scent, so I inputted only 4 digits, and hay presto it reads all the ECU's :-D so thank you indeed for putting that idea out there, crazy how 1 little digit can cause so much hassle lol.

So great I am finally in and looking at the fault codes etc, most are from the Gearbox ECU that I did have the snowflake problem with, but fixed it using the miracle Lithium grease in the clutch actuator Fix :-) (well hoping I have its been good so far since I did it, so fingers crossed lol ) all the faults state Temporary so I will clear the log later drive it around for a while and see in anything shows back up.

I also have one other question if you are anyone else can answer it, my C2 VRT sensodrive has cruise control fitted, and looks like it has had at least one gearbox ECU update, I know this because how the flappy paddles operate, I have read that Citroen in there wonderful wisdom, had a glitch in one off the updates that turned off the cruse control? so what I want to know is, has there been an update to fix this, or how to do turn it back on?

Again any help or advice is much appreciated :)