PEUGEOT EXPERT HDI WONT START

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

team_vb
New User

PEUGEOT EXPERT HDI WONT START

Post by team_vb »

Hi

This is my first post on this forum

I have a 2005 Peugeot Expert 2.0 HDI RHZ engine code that will not start

van was running driving until parked up a week ago then wouldn't start, glow plugs and glow plug relay have been changed as have the air and fuel filter(siemens fuel system ) , AA have been out and not helped much, when I originally tried to start the van I could not hear fuel pump priming with ignition on then yesterday I could hear it, again today when ignition was turned on I couldn't hear the pump priming which makes me think possibly something electrical, when pump was priming I had codes read and fault code p0230. battery is good and power is reaching glow plugs and injector rail.

Any advice greatly appreciated as im stumped at the moment and don't want to get ripped off by garages or dealers fitting parts at random
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: PEUGEOT EXPERT HDI WONT START

Post by Peter.N. »

You really need someone with a Lexia to give you a proper fault report. When you say power is reaching the injector rail you should have a signal to open the injectors, in the absence of a Lexia you can check it with an oscilloscope but I would suspect the injectors are not being opened because there is a signal missing somewhere, could be crankshaft/camshaft sensor, a Lexia session is the only real answer. There is a list of people with them on here somewhere, you might have one in your area.

Peter
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

^^^ same advice as I gave the OP yesterday on another forum!
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

If the code reader will read live data check the following as the engine is being turned over.
1. RPM. 0 rpm probably indicates a faulty crankshaft sensor.
2 FRP Fuel rail pressure must rise to over 200Bar before injection is allowed by the ECU. IF the FRP is too low try a short tow or even use jump leads to boost the battery. The increase in cranking speed (even if the vehicle battery is good) may be enough to increase the pressure enough to start. Likewise with a push or tow start.
If the tow, push or jump leads get it to start do a leak off test on the injectors.