C5 II Strange behavior

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

VertVega
My Cars:

C5 II Strange behavior

Post by VertVega »

When the car is locked after about 5-10 minutes the dipped lights turn on and windshield wipers start. :?:

When I press the remote lock (even the car is locked) wipers stop and headlight off.
In order to see what's happening I got in the car and locked the doors. Cabin lights turn off,
and after a while I hear the system turns off and ECU goes to sleep (click sound).
After a certain time passes then the dashboard lights, dipped lights and wipers "wakes up".

Heeelp, Any ideas?
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C5 II Strange behavior

Post by RichardW »

Low battery, or a problem with the COM2000? Have you got a Lexia you can plug in to see if it thinks it is getting a signal from the COM2000
Richard W
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

RichardW, I had to make a Google search for COM2000 :lol: because I was not sure if it's same as BSI.
(Xantia electrics was much more simpler than C5)

Edit: My Lexia worked fine with Xantia but somehow with C5 it works partially, not all units respond.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Sorry if this is too simplistic but can you be sure the battery is OK?

Considering the hammering it gets in Finland this time of year it might be marginal if it is more than a couple of years old.
If you can remove it and give it a 48 hour charge it might improve things, at least for a while, and give you a pointer to where the problem lies.

I'm sure you will recall the run around that BEN82 has had with his C5 and electrical shenanigans.
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

As RichardW and myglaren suspected the battery was low. The battery health gauge was resting on the low part and moved to its normal position with some delay. Then I checked the "battery eye" and the green color was gone :(
I bought a new battery and replaced it. It didn't cure the problem.

I found COM2000 reset procedure for 407 which should be same system as C5 II COM2000.
I didn't try it. but here is the direct link for word file --> http://www.407owners.com/docs/Com2000.doc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It says in the document:
"The units gave a lot of problems until 2007. The original manufacturer went bankrupt due to poor quality units and replacements. The stalks and switch plastics were vacuum formed which gave rise to them failing.

However – sometimes they do just get confused and require resetting."

What do you think, does it work?

- - - - - - -
Edit: Disconnected the battery negative terminal till morning :|