Did you all remember to change your settings back to GMT?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Did you all remember to change your settings back to GMT?

Post by Xaccers » 30 Oct 2013, 20:25

User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Summer Time/DST is in effect: > No

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1052

Re: Did you all remember to change your settings back to GMT

Post by CitroJim » 31 Oct 2013, 05:57

Xac wrote:User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Summer Time/DST is in effect: > No
Never changed mine to BST anyway.... :roll:

Online
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16587
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 597

Re: Did you all remember to change your settings back to GMT

Post by myglaren » 31 Oct 2013, 07:42

Still need to change the car clock - probably around Christmas time :)

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1052

Re: Did you all remember to change your settings back to GMT

Post by CitroJim » 31 Oct 2013, 08:07

myglaren wrote:Still need to change the car clock - probably around Christmas time :)
I've done that on all of them... And the workshop clock too..

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Did you all remember to change your settings back to GMT

Post by Xaccers » 31 Oct 2013, 11:26

myglaren wrote:Still need to change the car clock - probably around Christmas time :)
I had a panic on Monday, got in Cassy to drive to Bedford (rather than not be able to get to London due to the trains) after having a lie in, saw it was nearly 9am and I was supposed to be there at 8:30, then realised I hadn't changed the clock!

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1052

Re: Did you all remember to change your settings back to GMT

Post by CitroJim » 31 Oct 2013, 18:29

That was still bloody tight to get to Bedford Xac..

But then I remember how well Cassy goes :-D

I expect you got there 10 or 15 minuets early...

User avatar
Chris570
Posts: 1460
Joined: 12 Dec 2009, 15:10
x 5

Re: Did you all remember to change your settings back to GMT

Post by Chris570 » 31 Oct 2013, 18:47

CitroJim wrote:That was still bloody tight to get to Bedford Xac..

But then I remember how well Cassy goes :-D

I expect you got there 10 or 15 minuets early...
If he stopped for fuel.......at costco.

good roads round there.

He'd be even quicker in an HDi ;)

(I never changed my settings either)

User avatar
Xaccers
Posts: 7654
Joined: 08 Feb 2007, 00:46
x 3

Re: Did you all remember to change your settings back to GMT

Post by Xaccers » 31 Oct 2013, 21:35

Chris570 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:That was still bloody tight to get to Bedford Xac..

But then I remember how well Cassy goes :-D

I expect you got there 10 or 15 minuets early...
If he stopped for fuel.......at costco.

good roads round there.

He'd be even quicker in an HDi ;)

(I never changed my settings either)
Nah, apparently HDi's cut out if you push them too hard ;)

Thankfully on Monday people had been sensible regarding the storm warnings and the roads were really clear. That didn't stop one of my co-workers who lives a couple of roads away saying that he had a hell of a journey into Northampton, but then, the last time it snowed he called in saying there was no way he could make it (he's got some Merc) while I was driving around Beds and Bucks in Cassy wondering what all the fuss was about.