ZX TD vibration

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pauley
My Cars:

ZX TD vibration

Post by pauley »

It started on sunday while coming off a roundabout accelerating in 3rd and 4th around 2500-3000 rpm the car shook violently and the gearstick was transmitting massive shakes through the car.
I stopped and checked wheels and wheel nuts etc, and it was all fine,and suspension seemed fine and headed back home slowly.
When i got to about 2500k in third it started again and shakes got worse till past 3500k and it was fine.
Sitting in 5th at 70mph it was also fine, but only around those revs in lower gears.
Now the car itself is driving fine, and even though it was shaking it pulled fine and wasnt misfiring etc, which leads me to believe it is an engine mount, but which one? The two either side of the engine at the top seem fine, so could it be the lower one, or is it something else I havent noticed.
Cheers
Paul
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

Chances are if it is a mount it will be the rear/lower mount. It's a bit pricey though because it comes with a bearing for the driveshaft to go through. Good old citroen decided to make an all in one mount/ bearing housing "gaauuuud bles 'em!"
It's about £50 / £60 to buy. I have heard of people pressing out the old mount and replacing it, but what is used as the replacement I don't know??? M
Mine has gone soft through oil contamination, and with a bit of clutch judder as well, it makes for interesting hill starts[:D]!
pauley
My Cars:

Post by pauley »

Thanks for the reply, is there anywhere I can get the mount without having to go to citroen as I knwo there pricing policy all to well.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

GSF (former Andyspares) :
http://www.andyspares.com/
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

The rear engine mount is available separately as a Peugeot part for under ten pounds, you may have to order it for an imaginary peugeot (The part is common to many models) the old bush will come out after cutting through the steel outer ring (I use a big hammer and a sharp chisel) and then a bench vice to press the new one in,
pauley
My Cars:

Post by pauley »

So there is no need to order the whole mount, just the rubber bush. I took more attention to the vibration today and it starts at about 35 mph and gets worse at 40 unless I am really gentle with the throttle it doesnt do it while coasting or deccelrating either.
Jon

Post by Jon »

The lower mount disc is available from GSF p/n N10126 for just £3.75 +vat!
On my ZX TD I had some vibration problems, and upon removing the top engine mounting bracket when changing the timing belt I discovered that the mount below had broken in two! A new one cured the problem.
If you have the same problem the top RH mount is GSF N10141 and its £10.00 +vat.
pauley
My Cars:

Post by pauley »

Thanks for the info Jon, much appreciated.