Electric Mirror Removal, anyone one know how to?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
User avatar
paulcornwall
Posts: 41
Joined: 04 Mar 2012, 12:22

Electric Mirror Removal, anyone one know how to?

Unread post by paulcornwall »

The passenger side mirror on my C8 fails to fold in. I can only assume someone has hit it in the past hence it no longer retracts. I can still hear the motor trying to pull it in but without success. I've looked around the mirror and can't see any form of screw to remove the mirror to see the problem. Can anyone help on the removal of the mirror unit?
Hell Razor5543
(Donor 2023)
Posts: 14308
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 3306

Re: Electric Mirror Removal, anyone one know how to?

Unread post by Hell Razor5543 »

If it is anything like the Xantia or Peugeot Partner, you have to remove the door card to access the colts holding the mirror onto the door. Somebody with better information will come along soon, though.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11835
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2004

Re: Electric Mirror Removal, anyone one know how to?

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

C5 is three Torx bolts under the plastic corner trim and door card.// don't know on the C8 but I cannot think of many cars where you do not take off trim or door cards and looking at the insides of one, almost certainly.

Image
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
User avatar
qprdude
Posts: 1754
Joined: 06 Apr 2012, 18:56
x 14

Re: Electric Mirror Removal, anyone one know how to?

Unread post by qprdude »

C5 X7 is door card off. There's no corner section separate.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
User avatar
paulcornwall
Posts: 41
Joined: 04 Mar 2012, 12:22

Re: Electric Mirror Removal, anyone one know how to?

Unread post by paulcornwall »

thanks guys, I don't suppose anyone knows of a Haynes type book for the C8