C5 Suspension stuck in 'normal'

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

orchard33
My Cars:

C5 Suspension stuck in 'normal'

Post by orchard33 »

Hope it's ok to create a new post after numerous niggling faults starting with erratic windscreen wipers since acquiring my 2006 C5 1.6hdi estate in May. Many thanks for previous comments and particular thanks to oneday for Lexia hookup and pleasant afternoon watching vintage racing at Mallory. Lexia came up with 500+ faults(!) but the opinion was that the problem lay within the comms unit. Took car to Graeme at Bradford intending to have a refurb unit fitted. Was checked and politely told there was no problem. Being the facelift C5 with a comms 2003 unit as opposed to the earlier comms 2000, said to be much more reliable than the older version. Thoughts turned to battery performance. Battery was showing 'clear' on the indicator so attempted to charge it twice. It stayed on 'clear' so took it to local tyre/battery place who reckoned it was ok. Without further attention, a few days later, the indicator went back to 'green'. Apart from the car locking itself at random with the key in the ignition, it behaved ok for a few weeks. Until.... didn't like starting from cold. Quite a few short turns of the ignition eventually got the engine to splutter into life. Longer cranking of the ignition didn't bring the engine to life. Restarting the engine through the day gave no problem. And then.... a few days ago the suspension became stuck in 'normal' mode. The dash display shows faulty, do not exceed 50klm/hr and the suspension height selector is unresponsive. On the road the ride height indicator flashes continuously. Perhaps interestingly, the cold starting fault has disappeared. When unlocking the car there is no reaction to height adjustment either before or after starting the engine. Fuses are ok. Have looked for the LDS level in the reservoir but the funnel appears to be dry, ie., no trace of oil at the bottom of the funnel. Am loathe simply to add fluid as obviously I'm unable to get the car into 'low' mode. Seems the C5 is much less user friendly than my old xantias, hydraulics wise. Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome. Thanks, Graham.