C1 PAS / Lexia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RustyUK
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 2.0 Hdi Saloon
Toyota Aygo (C1/107!)
Dodge Caliber SXT 1.8 (for sale...)

C1 PAS / Lexia

Post by RustyUK »

I'm considering replacing my 'spare' car (an old Matiz) with a C1. In reality this will probably be my daily-runner, for the short distance to and from work, leaving the C5 for longer runs. While I've not sat in a C1 yet, I can put up with a Matiz, so I'm sure it can't be worse! Almost-free road tax and high mpg are attractive.

The 1.4HDi I have my eye on is advertised as having an intermittent PAS fault. I gather this is not uncommon on the C1 / 107 / Aygo cars, the somewhat lazy-sounding fix being to replace the PAS motor and/or ECU. I also gather these cars are not multiplexed.

Two questions really, will a Lexia communicate with the PAS ECU to read whatever fault is logged, and does anyone know any more detail about this common-looking problem?
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Re: C1 PAS / Lexia

Post by Trainman »

There's a dedicated C1 owners club, worth a shot at asking them, http://www.c1oc.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; don't be put off by the "customising" they do know their stuff
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
micky707
My Cars:

Post by micky707 »

Personally I dont see the point in the diesel version, they are not very common and the lump is heavy. I own a C5 and my missus has an Aygo, which is brilliant. It gets used to her work daily, 15 mile round trip and we use it for shop runs and occasional long motorway runs. Its very good on fuel and very reliable. Also being a petrol it is very uncomplicated and there is very little to go wrong. £20 a year tax and I fill it up once a month and only £40 to fill from empty.
Micky

Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR 138 48k
Citroen Xsara 1.6SX Brilliant car, 9 years and 119000 Miles
2 Pug 306's
Peugeot 207 1.4 Sport
Citroen ZX 1.9D

If it aint broke.......
RustyUK
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 2.0 Hdi Saloon
Toyota Aygo (C1/107!)
Dodge Caliber SXT 1.8 (for sale...)

Post by RustyUK »

Bah, the C1 sold before I could get to it!

Still, I am starting to think a C1 might be a suitable Matiz replacement (in my world a 'spare' and short-distance commuter car). Indeed, just looked up the rated mpg for the petrol version, and 61 is much better than I expected (for comparison, the 3 cylinder 800cc Matiz gets about 46-ish on average, although I have had it at 50 for a while).
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Yes the C1 diesel is a pointless vehicle imo, the petrol one is so good on fuel.
P/S failure is reasonably common on the C1, we have done 3 ECU's, but we service hundreds, so as a percentage , not to bad I suppose.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I did 40,000 miles in a 107 in two years commuting, alongside a c5 for other use. The 107/c1/aygo trio ane fun little cars and the best bit of it for me was it's 3-cyl petrol engine. I averaged 57mpg day in day out, and they are fun to drive. The 1,4 derv is pointless, heavier engine ruins handling and it is slower and no more economical than the 1.0 petrol. Clutches and water pumps are weak on early cars, later ones had a larger uprated clutch which are much better. Clutches and water pumps easily done and upgraded at the same time. Very few problems with power steering faults. Seats are a tad basic, but comfortable enough for what they are. Roomy inside for a small car, I am 6ft and 18 stone and quite ok for me. Very easy and cheap to DIY service. Good choice of a small car, but stick with petrol.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2