Xantia ABS cable routing.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

Xantia ABS cable routing.

Post by mbunting »

Had a quick look in daylight today, and the cable seems to go behind the engine.
Need to remove the sensor, and light to work with is non-existant until next weekend.
Can anyone tell me the routing of the cable from the front right abs sensor, in particular, where is this mystical connection that's supposed to exist before the cable joins the ECU ?
Cheers.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

I don't know the answer to your question, but the ABS light can be extinguished for MOT purposes by unplugging the ECU and the green relay just behind it.
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

That's no good, because they actually look at the 'startup sequence' of the lights, and if there is no light on an ABS equipped car, it's a fail.
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

The length of the cable from the front ABS sensor to it's connector is 38 inches (if that helps). As I recall, the connector is above the front sub-frame, well tucked away in the direction of the diff. You really have to follow the cable.
You are right re MOT failure if there is no ABS light sequence. By the way, to avoid adding strange fault codes to the ABS ECU, don't simple turn off the ignition, disconnect the battery before unplugging the ECU. Otherwise, if you have a future problem and "invest" in a £20 fault code read, the chances are that everything (sendors, electrovalves, ECU) get reported as faulty. Then the memory has to be cleared, the car driven and brought back - more cost!
spanner 1

Post by spanner 1 »

The plugs are on the front subframe black connectors going into green conectors usually. be careful though the abs sensors do change on rp number you can tell the difference by size of silver spacer on rear of spacer.