OK...finally taken the plunge...!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bonnyman750
My Cars:

OK...finally taken the plunge...!

Post by bonnyman750 »

Hi All,

Well, finally taken the plunge and bought an '09 plate C5 2.0Hdi Tourer in black, Persique alloys with Myway SatNav...been looking for some time and this one came up at the right price in Yorkshire. On purchasing her I found out that it was an ex-Citroen Contact Leasing car from Citroen Coventry with a fully stamped service book up till the previous owner took possession, who kept up the servicing locally keeping a record in the service book. On purchase it was just short of 100000 miles so I took her back to Citroen Coventry (just up the road from home) and booked her in for a 100000 mile service, cam belt change (with tensioners and water pump) and M.O.T. which she passed with just a blown pilot bulb replaced - Service book now fully up to date. Since then all the oddball tyres have been changed for Goodyear Excellence (full set, right price, right time 8-) ), a new set of locking wheel bolts, cigar lighter bulb replaced and rear headliner trim panel refitted (seat belt anchor point cover - hinged bit missing).

So far, about 1000 miles covered, average 48 MPG with no apparent issues...guys at work are well impressed! :shock:

Glyn
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: OK...finally taken the plunge...!

Post by lexi »

Sounds nice..........what suspension?
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
bonnyman750
My Cars:

Post by bonnyman750 »

Hi Lexi,

coil spring and damper...I think that it is only the 3.0l Exclusive that has the Hydractive II suspension now...

Cheers,

Glyn
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

All x7 Exclusives have Hydractive 3 as far as I know. 2008> cars are designated X7.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Good purchase, the last C5's are great cars.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami