Activating Peugeot 406 D9 Trip Computer with PP2000

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bannedbiker
My Cars: 2003 Peugeot 307 1.6S
1997 Eunos Roadster

Activating Peugeot 406 D9 Trip Computer with PP2000

Post by Bannedbiker »

I know it's a bit cheeky asking about a Peugeot on the Citroen forum but as most of the people on here have a Citroen there may be more chance of a response over here. :twisted:
A friend of mine wanted the trip computer on his V reg D9 406 Hdi Estate.
He got another wiper stalk with the push button on the end and was then able to change the display from date to mpg, range, etc.
As I've just got Lexia/Planet on a laptop I thought I'd activate the trip computer for him. It went ok, managed to change status from "absent" to "present" until I clicked "configure". After a few seconds the message "downloading failed" came up.
We tried with ignition on, engine not running, then ignition on and engine running but had the same result each time.
I've managed to activate the trip computer on my 307 without any problem but can't get any further than "downloading failed" with this 406.
Has anybody had a similar problem or got any suggestions on how to fix it?

Martin.
2003 Peugeot 307, 1.6 petrol.
Previously owned 1999 Citroen Xantia 1.9 td and a 1997 Citroen ZX 1.9
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Activating Peugeot 406 D9 Trip Computer with PP2000

Post by Mandrake »

"Downloading" is Lexia speak for updating the firmware on one of the ECU's, so it sounds like the firmware update is failing. Does it say which ECU its trying to download to ? Which ECU were you changing the status to present in ?

Be aware that if it is actually trying to do a firmware update on an ECU this is a potentially risky procedure that could result in a bricked ECU if something went wrong.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Bannedbiker
My Cars: 2003 Peugeot 307 1.6S
1997 Eunos Roadster

Re: Activating Peugeot 406 D9 Trip Computer with PP2000

Post by Bannedbiker »

Thank you for your reply, any help I can get is greatly appreciated. :)
As I'm a bit of a novice with computers (happier with spanners and muck under fingernails!!), I was roughly following this video on youtube for a Peugeot 307.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going through PP2000 there seems to be only one way I could see to activate the trip computer. The rough sequence is;

Test by ECU,
Driver information/communication,
Display/telematics,
Configuration,
Configuration of options,
Presence of trip computer. Change "absent" to "present".
Configure.

That's where we're hitting a brick wall. I've successfully activated the trip computer on my 307 with no problems but on my friends 406 it won't allow it to configure, after a few seconds displaying "downloading failed".
We're hopefully going to try a different computer with PP2000 next week to see if that's going to make any difference. Doing a bit of research, my friend has only found one other case of someone having trouble activating the trip computer and that was down to a version of the chinese clone software.
Fingers crossed.
2003 Peugeot 307, 1.6 petrol.
Previously owned 1999 Citroen Xantia 1.9 td and a 1997 Citroen ZX 1.9