Citroen c5 2.2 hdi exclusive '02 cruise control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

robigouk

Citroen c5 2.2 hdi exclusive '02 cruise control

Post by robigouk »

Hi

I recently purchased a 02 C5 2.2 hdi exclusive automatic. Overall I'm really impressed with the car, yes there's a few niggles and a few things that don't work (or dont' work properly) but as a work horse car to get me to work and back up and down the motorway it's comfy and easy to drive.

The one niggle however that really annoys me is the cruise control. I have the following intermittent problem and I'm after some advice.

Once I start the car.. drive down a road perhaps at 40mph.. I turn the dial to the "on" position on the stem. I then press the top or bottom button of the stem to "set" the speed. Fine. If I break or accelerate the speed is remembered.

However.. Once I go over a certain speed (I think it's 60mph) the cruise control won't work. To make matters worse.. once I lower my speed (to perhaps 40 again) the cruise control won't work. Nothing, no matter what I do until I turn off the car and start again.

Any suggestions? For somebody who does a lot of motorway driving having it set at 70 or 80 would be great!

cheers

Rob
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: Citroen c5 2.2 hdi exclusive '02 cruise control

Post by SaabC5 »

Are you pressing the buttons on the top/bottom of the cruise control stalk or the rear buttons? It took me a while how to figure out what did what i must admit. Cruise does have a minimum speed though, usually about 40mph in 4th gear.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
robigouk

Post by robigouk »

sorry I meant the back. there's a dial, an paul button on the end and two rear buttons. yes does work at 40mph.. but like I said won't work at speed and thereafter?
micky707
My Cars:

Post by micky707 »

Its taken me a while to figure how to use mine, rotate down for speed limiter, if that say is set at 60 and you set cruise to 70 as far as i know it will stop at 60, rotate up for cruise and use buttons for speed, but not sure if its the same as mine
Micky

Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR 138 48k
Citroen Xsara 1.6SX Brilliant car, 9 years and 119000 Miles
2 Pug 306's
Peugeot 207 1.4 Sport
Citroen ZX 1.9D

If it aint broke.......
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

does this help...two buttons on the back..
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
robigouk

Post by robigouk »

yes that's mine with two buttons on the back. So does the limiter (which is the button on the end of the wiper stalk on the right hand side) work with the cruise control? I didn't think the limiter (which I thought was just an audible signal) would interact with cruise?
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

Button on the end of the right hand stalk takes you through the trip computer functions and has no bearing on the cruise control. The rear buttons on the left hand stalk engage the cruise, if you press the top button with cruise engaged the speed increases upto the point where you take your finger off, the lower button decreases the speed in the same manner, the end button with the " symbol doesn't seem to do much at all. :roll:
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
robigouk

Post by robigouk »

well when I first start the car the top or bottom back buttons engage the cruise control.. however once I increase speed it stops working completely! ??? Any ideas anybody?