03 2.0 Hdi picasso fuel guage.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

racingbrett

03 2.0 Hdi picasso fuel guage.

Post by racingbrett »

Had this happen twice now, basically ill park up for the night after just filling up and the next day when i come to start iv lost 3 bars of fuel itll stay like this a few days with the fuel level still dropping (as normal just minus a load of diesel) before miraculously re-appearing at a higher level again one random morning, figured that with my average mpg (reset at filling) that i should be getting around 300 miles out of it but im only up to 150 with one bar above the red and feeling a little nervous now. I did read about the idiotic design behind the fuel gauge systems on multiplexed cars, does the above tie in or does it sound more like a bad sender/ hr on the wires?

Cheers Brett
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: 03 2.0 Hdi picasso fuel guage.

Post by RichardW »

They are a bit random... however, a 2.0 HDi Picasso should be getting close to 500 miles from a tank. The tank is not that big (50l IIRC), but it should do about 45 mpg. What does the computer say the remaining range is? I would refill it and note how many litres, then do it again after say 300 miles, which should give you an indication of the economoy it is giving.
Richard W
racingbrett

Post by racingbrett »

i dont usually do a full fill, but put £40 in with 1 bar from empty remaining (had just dropped), average for me is 48-50 mpg on the readout which from past tests seems pretty accurate, when i filled it was showing a range of 400 miles (2 bars down from top) its now showing 150 mile range (1 bar from empty) which sounds to high for the fuel remaining shown on the display.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Do you park on a sideways slope? This, combined with a few short runs can confuse the guage and the computer. Park it on the level and after a decent (10mile +) it should come back to its senses. Or maybe not.... :lol:
Richard W
racingbrett

Post by racingbrett »

the driveway does have a slope to it with the front end of the car up and i have been doing a few shorter runs recently, ill back it up further onto the flat and see if it makes a difference. Was the designer of this system even thinking straight when he came up with it :/