C3 Picasso headlamps

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

russbif
My Cars: Citroen C3 Picasso
Mk1 MX5 Miata

C3 Picasso headlamps

Post by russbif »

before I embark on my voyage of diascovery, has anyone changed a headlamp on a C3 Picasso before, if so, do I gain access to the lower mounting bolt via the wheel arch liner or do I have to remove the bumper/foglamp housing?
citronut
My Cars:

Re: C3 Picasso headlamps

Post by citronut »

i dont know for sure but most modern cars you remove the bumper, which is usually quite an easy job
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
russbif
Mk1 MX5 Miata

Post by russbif »

I am going to do it next week, so will report back, it is just the lower mounting bolt that appears innacessible, who knows, I may yet be able to get onto it.
russbif
Mk1 MX5 Miata

Post by russbif »

Job done, you do not need to totally remove the bumper, process as follows:-
Under the font of the car, remove the two bolts (10mm socket) at the centre and the two push in clips at each side.
Undo the two bolts in the engine bay that hold in the headlamp
Remove the wheel arch liner on the side you are changing. One Torx head screw and about 5 push in clips. the liner just pulls out, its dead flexible and just about unbreakable.
With the liner out there is access to the lower fixing bolt on the headlamp, you then need to remove a single push in clip on the inside of the wing, this locks the plastic bumper in place, with the clip removed the side of the front assembly just pulls out.
You then pull the whole plastic front of the car forwards by a couple of inches to allow sufficient access to remove the headlamp, be careful when you remove the headlamp since each one has a single plastic locator behind the rear bolt and you need to lift the headlamp up to clear it.
With a flat bladed screwdriver release the small tang that holds the loom plug in place.
Refitting is just a reversal of the above.
I marked the headlamp beam position on the garage wall before starting and simply adjusted the new headlamps to match the old settings, only the LH needed any adjustment.
Took 45 mins for the first side (I was finding out how to do the job) and 15 mins the second side.
The levelling motors are within the headlamp assembly, Carparts4less told me that the lamps did not have the motors, but they do..
AN easy DIY job.