Xantia door switch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Xantia door switch

Post by Old-Guy »

service.citroen has completely defeated me again! I need a part number for the 'A' pillar switch (that activates interior lights, lights-on larm, Hydractive etc.) on the VSX, but try as I might, I can't find the relevant section.

Last night I walked away from the car leaving the side lights on because the drivers side switch has gone seriously intermittent. If I hadn't looked back to make sure I'd left enough space for the Posty to walk past, I'd have had a flat battery this morning. The switch is nasty and corroded inside so even though I got it working again. it's still iffy and not to be trusted. Best solution is to order a new one. I'd rather trust my own research than rely on the local stealer ordering up the right one as I can't afford the time to make multiple visits).

Does anyone know which section I should be looking at please? Or what citroen call this switch (it's NOT 'door switch'!)?
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Xantia door switch

Post by RichardW »

Electric unit > Interior lighting > interior lamp - card reading

Gives up the following for a MK 1:

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000636678 RF LAMP SWITCH 3.72 GBP 3.72 GBP 4.46 GBP 4.46 GBP 4.46 GBP 4.46 GBP

Which it calls Roof lamp swtich :wink: :roll:

For a MK2 no similar switch is shown.... I have an inkling that it is integrated into the door lock somehow - the door open light comes on even if the door is on the safety catch.
Richard W
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom

Xantia door switch - SOLVED = "Roof Lamp Switch"

Post by Old-Guy »

Panic over! As a last shot, I looked at "Interior Lamp - Card Reader", wondering what on earth this could be (visions of a universal memory card reader in the 'A' pillar :shock: ). Yet another bit of wierd Franglais - section title should be "Interior Lights - Map Reading", . The "correct" description of this part is "Roof Lamp Switch" [6366 78} - I could have tried alternatives for a very long time before cracking this 'code'.

I was going to buy several of the rubber boots that cause (split and let water into the switch) this common problem - guess what? NFP :(
So a good soak with WD40 before fitting is the only alternative.

Incidentally, the estate load space interior light (sorry, 'lamp') is NFP too (and shown as in the roof rather than on the O/S/R interior panel), so worth salvaging at any opportunity as they do get very hot - I'm contemplating an LED conversion when I've got nothing better to do. :lol:

Thanks Richard - working in parallel, but you got the price too. Bit steep for a pretty crude device, but a lot cheaper than a new battery!
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom