partner mk2 cooling fan relay location please and ecu coding

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ed1808
My Cars:

partner mk2 cooling fan relay location please and ecu coding

Post by ed1808 »

ok peebs i have solved the running like a tractor issue it was the pump sensor which i managed to get from my local breakers yard for £3 !! bargain also what idal speed should she tick over at as she is now running at around 950rpm whilst warm?

my next issue now is whilst on the diagnostic machine (never got the lexia talking to the van propperly ) it came up with cooling fan relay as a fault so it wouldnt supprise me
if it hasnt got one.. but where oh where is it located please

there are a few other issues ie it flagged up ecu not coded to pump.. now this engine looks like a replacment as it has milage written on the top of the engine in breakers yard paint lol so is the ecu coded to the pump or do i have another sensor going astray?

as always any help appreciated ta

we are getting there and i willnot be beaten lol
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: partner mk2 cooling fan relay location please and ecu co

Post by spider »

There's a cable on the front (if its a Lucas pump probably is) connected to the thermostat housing. This should be slack when the engine is hot and tight when its cold. Check when its up to temp its loose. Some engines may not have this, its a fast idle. If its stuck it will idle high.

They do idle a bit high the DW8 they have a busy sound compared to the XUD, I'd go for about 850 personally for these.

The relays are normally under the front panel or around the front of the radiator, you may have two or three fitted or possibly just one, varies on model it seems.

The error is probably because the pump is unlocked and the BSi is not coded to it. You could have it coded I guess or ignore it if it starts its unlikely to be serious, the later ones have the texton in the BSi so its not been disconnected chav style.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
ed1808
My Cars:

Post by ed1808 »

many thanks ok the cable that was on the van when i got it ws a long one crazy long infact but it was freyed and sticky so i replaced it but the one i got was off the same year and a dw8 but its only just long enough not tight but a perfect fit with no slack what so ever i will check in the morning when cold and then when hot the revs do change at times never over 1000 but normally from cold around 800 rising to around 900+ ish when getting warm thort this was odd myself

relays will look for also in the morning just glad the van wasnt on the road during the heatwave as in traffic it does rise and sit around 3/4 with now fn cutting in

any more feedback welcome sorry im in and out so dont get much time to catch up on the forum
spider

Post by spider »

The high ilde when cold is normal. Just ensure the cable is slack when its hot (ie top hose warm)

Fans cut in about 90c in most cases.
Andy.

ed1808
My Cars:

Post by ed1808 »

hi sorry no it goes hi idle when warm now running around 1000rpm when warm from cold around 850 ish
spider

Post by spider »

Does the engine management light work and does it go off when its running ?

If so disconnect that cable temporarily and see if it idles OK when warm without it. Note it will start / run without it cold too but will stall and idle too slowly when stone cold so its not a good idea to have it off permanently, just for a test.
Andy.

ed1808
My Cars:

Post by ed1808 »

hi ya yes the managment light comes on and stays on im trying to sort all the falts out stored before i switch it off hopefully lol the non working fans are im sure down to the switch on the thermostate housing being duff as if i pull the cable off and bridge the connector the fans come on.... and ok are you talking about the cable under the throttle cable? as this dosnt seem to do anything at all
spider

Post by spider »

Yes the cable underneath it, not the throttle cable itself.

If its got the management light on and running fast anyway that may not do much.
Andy.

ed1808
My Cars:

Post by ed1808 »

are ok well i have done the fans now and p1106 fault on the pump there were a few others so i will try and use the lexia again next week got it hooked to van but a load of question marks on all sensor readings and no other info at all away for weekend so will report back monday many thanks.