BX PLIP/IR Controller

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ozziediver
My Cars:

BX PLIP/IR Controller

Post by Ozziediver »

Does anyone know if the plips and IR controller for BXs are still available? I need both for two BXs (TZD and 16V) as neither of them came with plips and I'm tired of only being able to lock/unlock the car from the drivers' door.
thanks
Richard W
My Cars:

Post by Richard W »

If you check out the gsf online shop there is a plip control unit and 2 new plips listed in the body and trim section cat no. N97192, was thinking of ordering one for my 16V for the same reason!
And just in case you don't know are you aware of the bx16v site?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

And just in case - are you aware of Bob Smith's homepage - if you need to mate the codes to any of these bits brought together :
http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2/ -> plip
NOTE : it's only valid for the earlier IR plip remotes.
Ozziediver
My Cars:

Post by Ozziediver »

Thanks guys
Yes, I am aware of the BX16V site and have registered on it, also have Bob Smiths' information on the plips - which is great if I had some..but I don't [:(][:(].
My TZD has an immobiliser and alarm fitted (was in the car when I bought it '94 in Manchester), but the plips don't operate the central locking - only turn on/off the ultrasonic alarm. Don't have any documentation on either of these systems, so don't know if the alarm is working properly or it should also lock/unlock the doors. The 16V I just picked up here in Australia has factory Citroen alarm stickers on the windows, and the previous owner said he had a dealer disconnect the alarm (didn't know how) but it also doesn't have plips, so again, no idea how the alarm is supposed to work.