partner 2003 dw8 van diagnostic tool

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ed1808
My Cars:

partner 2003 dw8 van diagnostic tool

Post by ed1808 »

hi all well my trusty c5 is now on my driveway either awaiting the breakers or some devine insperation from me to repair the swing arm bushes so in the mean time i braught a parter van with a dw8.... now the history on this van is it broke a engine mount and the cam belt case was smashed the chap took it into his local carage who repaired the mount and tried to start the van (personaly i would have at least checked the belt for timing first but hey) and it ran like a bag of spanners. so the chap went and braught a head on the garages say so (second hand but with 4 injectors!!) but after a argument with the garage the job was never started. he stuck the van up for sale and i braught it as a non runner..

so i changed the belt and it did look to me like the pump was a tooth out but timmed it all up and put new belt kit on and turned key yes she started and yes she sounds like a bag of spanners there was no power but no smoke (this engine hasnt been serviced in a long time!!) so changed the fuel filter anyways as it was erm black!!

now she revs but still sounds horible and the ecu light is on was on in the first place.. sowent to get my fault code reader and erm green and black socket? i was sure on a 2003 i would have had half a chance of a obd 2 or whatever there called but this one dont fit lol quick look on ebob and not much in the way of readers saying anything other than obd any ideas please i have read a few articals about lift sensors on the injector and advance solinoid on the pump but would like a fault code before i go any further

any help appreciated at this point ta
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: partner 2003 dw8 van diagnostic tool

Post by spider »

Diagbox (Planet and Lexia) will do these.

Does the revcounter (if fitted) work ?

Likely cause is the needle lift sensor on injector 3 (I think its on 3) as it will not be able to control the pump timing if there's no signal from this hence it running but badly.

A diag will give a clue though if you did not want to try other parts. It could be the TDC sensor on the gearbox or the advance solenoid as well.

As its had a head I'd suspect the needle lift sensor as its been played with. It could be EGR sticking too but most seem to be jammed shut and vac pipe disconnected (no bad thing on a DW8) these days.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
ed1808
My Cars:

Post by ed1808 »

hi there many thanks the head change never went ahead so i have this with the van and i was going to buy a Lexia for the c5 but never trusted any on ebay enough to take the plunge lol have you a reputable link for one at all plz? egr valve is blackend but will start with a diag first i think
spider

Post by spider »

Mines not brilliant but it works (sort of*) so I can't really recommend that one really.

Have a look here perhaps there's a member locally who would do a diag for you:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Andy.

ed1808
My Cars:

Post by ed1808 »

thanks i have nobody near to me in southend sadly but dont mind buying one will just have a search and see what i come up with
ed1808
My Cars:

Post by ed1808 »

yes sorry the rev counter works and the van is driving ok amazingly it revs fine is a bit of a faff to start in the morning and once its cooled but when warm starts ok although either the starter or the ring gear is upset because i get that horible noise of non meshing gears on start at times so maybe this has been a problem for a good while
spider

Post by spider »

Starter more likely (and much easier / cheaper!) than ring gear. Check its not come loose though, two or three bolts hold it on.

If the 'k' light is on then its probably running too far advanced which would explain why its noisy and why its a pain to start, more so when cold usually. It sort of defaults to the "extreme" when there's a fault.
Andy.

ed1808
My Cars:

Post by ed1808 »

so ya recon maybe solenoid bud hmm found one for a belingo for 63 new depending on pump may have a rumage down breakers first if its easy to get to lol
spider

Post by spider »

Any DW8 one should fit. An XUD one might but I'm not sure.

Search for a 206 1.9D (up to about 51 plate no newer) or a very late 306 1.9D (V plate onwards) would do.
Andy.

ed1808
My Cars:

Post by ed1808 »

many thanks are thes hard to locate on the pump done a quick surch to no avail would be nice if this cured the problem lol
:roll:
ed1808
My Cars:

Post by ed1808 »

Lexia ordered panik!!!!! lol