Some advice please

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ippypicasso

Some advice please

Post by Ippypicasso »

Hi
Purchased a late 52 plate 2.0 Picasso HDI in January, and had it's first MOT today.
It passed with flying colours except for a small patch of welding required under the front passenger side sill, £40, so no real complaints. Guy at the garage said that this is fairly common on Picasso's, and so I would like to know what can be done to prevent further corrosion in the future. Reading through various internet forums I see that it is indeed a common problem, and can be caused by water getting trapped inside the sill ? Apparently there are drainage holes somewhere ? How does this water get inside the sill (excuse my total lack of knowledge here).
Apart from this small issue I'm really pleased with the car, extremely reliable and economic.
Thanks in advance for any advice
Paul
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Some advice please

Post by citronut »

view this thread

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... rusty+sill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i have just last week fitted a new sill to my friends picasso,

i found the drain holes were completely blocked with the under body rubberised coating from the factory,

it is normal for water to get into a door sill but its meant to be able to run back out

i think it was this company we bought the sill from,

http://www.carbodypanels4u.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it wasnt listed but they are very helpful on the phone
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years