sphere compatibility Xantia??

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

sphere compatibility Xantia??

Post by Timmo »

hi guys,
now before i get hung drawn and quartered for asking a question i'm sure there is a post relating too, Please believe me that after a 10 page search on here, trawling through the faq's, links and useful info pages i didn't see it, and a google for Xantia Sphere compatibility didnt return anything useful, have looked on autopartoo and other various parts sites and not got the answers,

now, ive a P2 Xant 1.9TD estate Non hydractive (rp7887), recently changed over the rear balls and as expected, highlighted Just how bad the fronts are!! ive been nosing around and looking for front ones, is a simple question really for you all familiar with the magical balls, - i'd normally ask my Welsh citro Wizard but he's in France on holls at the mo! :wink:
is there a cross over point on the sphere's?? would a Mk1 TD front ball fit a Mk2 td front?? using the citro service and cross checking parts a lot of the Genuine sphere's on the bay appear to be for mk1's, and the obvious benefit of quite a bit cheaper!!!
when looking on the fitting list they offer the mk1 td estate comes up but not the mk2, is it a Simple case that They Wont fit properly??
Also from a curiosity point of view, is there a difference between an estate front ball and a saloon front ball based on same spec level??

Many thanks in advance guys, and i really am sorry if there is a link ive missed to the details i'm asking,

Timmo.
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

They all fit.

Seeing as your climate is neither Arctic nor Sahara, you don't need multilayer diaphragm spheres. I'd favour genuine shelf stock of a few years' age over new pattern spheres.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Re: sphere compatibility Xantia??

Post by Timmo »

Cooool! So therefore balls for a mk1 td front will fit on an early mk 2 td! Thats made me happy! :-D

'58 C2 Code
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Also be aware the part numbers started shifting in the early 2000s; I believe some of the 95xxxxxx type spheres were simply renumbered in the current format.

You can find a few of the old codes on Xantiaworld's spheres page. Compare to Service Citroën for the same models to get an idea of crossover.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Re: sphere compatibility Xantia??

Post by Timmo »

Excellent! Thanks for that matey!

'58 C2 Code