Hi just a quicky question please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Hi just a quicky question please?

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi, I have as some already know on here a 1998 S2 Citroen Xantia Estate.
My question would this device from Machine Mart read and or decode faults on my particular vechicle?

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... ode-reader" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks very much in advance

Regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Hi just a quicky question please?

Post by Xaccers »

No Nigel, our TD's don't use the EOBD/OBDII/CAN standards (although the socket is the same size if memory serves), hence why a Lexia is required.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Xac,
Thank you Xac much appreciated.

Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

that was a quicky for you Nigel :o :? :-D :wink:
are you feeling your self whoooops i'd better re/phrase that hadnt i :eye: :bouncy: :dom: :yikes: , are you not well
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
falling-out-with-my-car

Malcolm,
I had one of those Vat free cards and was considering the 50 mile round trip to Peterborough to get one if it would have worked with my motor, but acording to Xac apparently not.
I am still having throttle issues in warmer temps the throttle speed is increasing to around 1200 rpm which is a bit daft really.
The belt tensioner I bought from GSF was fine but the idle damper spring is as noisey as helll with a cold engine, once it warms up it goes quiet I have a feeling it has something to do with throttle speed at idle and I suspect my vacumm idle solanoids are defunct riveted to the bulk head so I am hoping to replace them if I can find out where to buy some from.

The engine speed is very slow below 900 rpm at cold idle and the idle speed increases as it heats up I have checked the vacumn pipes and all are ok. the vaciumn choke doesnt seem to be working, if I start the air con comp[ressor the engine speed drops it doesnt speed up likle it is supposed to.
Is that enough Malcolm?

regards Nigel aww thanks for asking I am fine thanks. The car is BL***Y sick though as usual.
Just dropped a stanley knife which bounced and came back up and stabbed me in the right shin. won't drop a knife again, it had a loop of string on the end to. :oops:
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

OUCH!!

If you can get it to the Rally in September, there should be somebody there with a Lexia who could take a look for you. If nothing else, I will be there on the Sunday, and I will have mine with me if needed.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Xac wrote:No Nigel, our TD's don't use the EOBD/OBDII/CAN standards (although the socket is the same size if memory serves), hence why a Lexia is required.
Are you Sure?... The S2 Xantias DO have an ODB2 socket on them!! Or Im I the only one with S2 Xantias and ODB2 sockets??

S1 cars dont have ODB2 though..

I WILL have my Lexia Of course!!
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I have a low cost CAN reader (that does plug into Gracies' port), but it cannot read anything from her. The Lexia can though.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

Im not questioning Xac to the point I know better... I just assume as its an ODB 2 port shape that it is...

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

It's an OBD-II connector alright, but the EOBD regulations didn't fully come in until the early 2000's. So you can jam an OBD-II reader into it, but they still used a proprietary system at the time.
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
citroenxm

Post by citroenxm »

RIGHT Excellent Chlorate, thankyou for explaining without shouting at me...

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
falling-out-with-my-car

I'm even tempted to pull the plug out of the ecu board to see if Ive got corroded pins maybe thats the issue.
all these little problems started when the lift sensor got stuck on No3 cylinder it freed off again when I pumped out the veg oil and filled up with diesel again and has never become stuck again as I dont dare run neat veg oil again. its always a 50/50 mix these days but only through the summer time and not in the winter months back onto diesel in the winter again.

I always replace fuel filters every 3k and change the oil every 3k to in fact this time she got the big bottle of slick 50 for a treat.
and how does she repay me? :roll: :evil: :twisted: I have even had nasty thoughts about getting rid this summer and finding an Auto instead.

I am glad several people have got it straight about the code readers anyway. :wink:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Chlorate wrote:It's an OBD-II connector alright, but the EOBD regulations didn't fully come in until the early 2000's. So you can jam an OBD-II reader into it, but they still used a proprietary system at the time.
Absolutely correct. Occasionally you may see very late engine and auto gearbox ECUs respond in some sort of a way to a generic OBD-II reader if they extend both K and L lines but don't rely on it.

For all intents and purposes ONLY the Lexia and ELIT work and besides they tell you more than a code reader will anyway.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
falling-out-with-my-car

So Machine Marts text "Works with all 1996 and later vechicles is false advertising"
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:So Machine Marts text "Works with all 1996 and later vechicles is false advertising"
Well, it's certainly not correct in the UK...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...