Engine shut down

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chamila

Engine shut down

Post by chamila »

The engine will shut down while driving and when start again the RPM is not steady and tendency to shut down .it run perfectly after the second attempt . On and off the car want start and shows the key sign and eng. immobilizer. After several attempts manage to start. This hap pence after a long drive in hot condition
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Engine shut down

Post by spider »

What model / year ?

There may be a fault code stored if the light is on. Not aware of a Peugeot model with a 'immo' light on the dash though, they have it but its never normally wired up to anything.

It could be anything from an overheating ECU to an internal fault in the BSi, although the immobiliser should not even attempt to shut the car down when its running, its only normally checked on first switch on.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
chamila

Post by chamila »

its a pug 406, yom is Auto transmission 2000 . No fault codes recorded... But says....LAN communication fail in gear box ecu
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Its worth having the multiplugs off one at at time and inspecting them for corrosion etc, all the transmission ones anyway.

I seem to remember the gearbox ECU lives underneath the battery / battery box on these or on the side of it so its a bit vulnerable to a leaky battery, its worth checking its plug too.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
chamila

Post by chamila »

I have replaced all spark plugs, and Gear box ECU lies on the other side with engine ECU.