Citroen C5 consuming engine oil!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

begins
My Cars:

Citroen C5 consuming engine oil!

Post by begins »

Hi all,

Lately, I was greeted by “Check Engine Oil Level” when I turned on the engine. I thought may be it is a norm for an old year 2007 engine to consume some oil. So I gradually pour in almost a litre of engine oil but to no avail. Am still getting the message. I pulled out the dipstick and found out that the oil stain level is quite low. I checked the bottom of the car and found no oil leak.

This time, I poured in another litre and the message vanished. Worrying, I have to pour in 2 litres to resolve the issue. I have about 3000k to changing the engine oil.

I don’t remember having this issue when I used my car a lot in my previous job. Now I travelled a lot less and the car is having this strange behaviour.

Can someone advise me what I need to do to resolve this problem and hope that it will not come back again?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Citroen C5 consuming engine oil!

Post by Lighty »

Is your Car a petrol or diesel ?
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
begins
My Cars:

Post by begins »

Lighty wrote:Is your Car a petrol or diesel ?
Hi there, mine a Petrol 2.0L.

Regards,
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

The most common cause of engine oil use in the petrol 16v engines is hardening of the valve stem seals, causing oil to be consumed b the engine. Quite a large job Iam afraid
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

Lighty wrote:The most common cause of engine oil use in the petrol 16v engines is hardening of the valve stem seals, causing oil to be consumed b the engine. Quite a large job Iam afraid
With my Xantia I did engine flush each time I changed oil and it helped a lot the condition of seals. The oil consumption was almost nothing considering the age of the car and the mileage (over 245k miles)

Lighty, Do you think that would really help in this case? I am doing same engine flush in every engine oil change AND with C5 I am using engine top treatment (Forte). no problems so far.

begins, you also try this method, Motor Flush (Forte which is good quality but expensive) or engine flush of some other brand. Lets see if there is any improvement.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

VertVega wrote:
Lighty wrote:The most common cause of engine oil use in the petrol 16v engines is hardening of the valve stem seals, causing oil to be consumed b the engine. Quite a large job Iam afraid
With my Xantia I did engine flush each time I changed oil and it helped a lot the condition of seals. The oil consumption was almost nothing considering the age of the car and the mileage (over 245k miles)

Lighty, Do you think that would really help in this case? I am doing same engine flush in every engine oil change AND with C5 I am using engine top treatment (Forte). no problems so far.

begins, you also try this method, Motor Flush (Forte which is good quality but expensive) or engine flush of some other brand. Lets see if there is any improvement.
Worth a try to begin with, assuming he can get some in Malaysia.
Certainly easier than changing seals, or rings.
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami