Bosch fuel pump replacing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Bosch fuel pump replacing

Post by oscar »

Hi got a fail on mot for leak from pump on my zanty mk1 1.9td it does it on idle more from round top gasket area drive end as see it sitting on top of pump where that allen bolt goes down next to where the inlet comes in.
Had someone to do it for me but now cried off as say's bizzy then on hols till sept.
Ive got the replacement pump de-armoured sitting here did that while back do i use the esc bit on top from my old pump what did happen was it felll over and the trumpet bit below on top of throttle shaft is squashed abit to one side so need to tap up to straighten up i think but can i easily use one from existing pump on it?
I saw something on here other day with A2Z of removing pump and think was with the rest in situe ie belt left on do you need to remove aux belt? as guess need to undo tensioner for timing belt?
But have someone to ring tomorrow near me but if he can't do in time as need to get done by 17th i'd offer cash to someone to do/help etc as could come to you i have lots of tools a flat full! but the main bit i needed help on was setting up and getting old one off right so keep bit's in line i do have a spare woodruff key/pulley/cradle from new pump
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: Bosch fuel pump replacing

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I have changed them before now, where are you ?
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi yes i forgot to put London that place at the butt end of most roads M4/1/3/A40.etc Near/well not far from that big building with the flashing light on top(few more have sprung up round it now) canary wharf
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

A bit far for me then.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
oscar

Post by oscar »

Unless i came your way?
Stewart(oily)

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I am near Wrexham in North Wales.
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi yes just slightly!!!
oscar

Post by oscar »

Ho well it looks like im going to have to do my self as all the talkers round here are just that.(i only can do petrols etc)blah blah well guess you know the types.plus garage that does citroens want £250 plus said it's ok i don't need them to tax it for me as already done.plus had belt not long ago as they ask me does it need belt so guess there doing same way without taking belt off?.
Was looking at that puller Citrojim list's am i correct i reading that you drill to 9mm from one edge bolt holes? place near me for metal etc has shut but can it be made in steel bar or ali channel/U section or would a small puller work ok or is there not enough room or upsets belt etc as might not steady?.
The stud it mentions is that M8 threaded and keep pulley to pump cradle so don't need to unset cam belt?.
I guess jacking engine up that end helps as need engine mount off that end if i remember right?.
Plus anything else need to be aware of?.
Jaf
My Cars:

Post by Jaf »

I swapped my pump for a second hand one last year. It's not too bad once you've done it once. I did it twice cos I didn't realise that you have to swap the electrics from under the armour. Or the immobilizer won't work. Don't need to remove engine mount or fan belt. Citrojim's puller is fab, won't get anything else in there. Use 2 11mm bolts from from gearbox as they're a weird thread. Oh and 1 of the pumps's 13mm nuts is dead hard to get to, need a special 'C' shape spanner. Good luck.
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi yes found that out today as it's an M7 fine thread but found some in the end plus got some bolts to lock pump pulley up with. got a length of steel strap to make it out of.
Yes the armouring put the 5" angle grinder to it with a 1mm thick disc cut slot in one of the bolts that hold plate and pump head so did it with a screwdriver.
The BOL(Hynes manual)isn't very straight forward with marks/bolts holes for timing though which are the correct ones to use on pump pulley as it looks like a couple could be used
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

There are 2 in the pump pulley - if you fit both of these, then you can remove the pump without needing to pin the crank or cam, or remove the cam belt :lol:
Richard W
oscar

Post by oscar »

Hi yes Richard what i meant was it looks like it will peg/pin/bolt it two positions looking at holes in ali cradle only tried in one postion when getting bolts for it but will have a poke bit later plus relative to how pump sits in car and will return later as they sit to one side of pulley circle ie not opposite each other and the BOL is useless for pictures of anything that's real!
oscar

Post by oscar »

hi well trying to upload a pic but says board limit has been reached?
the two bolts ive got in pulley locking it to cradle are in what id say was 1 Oclock and 5 Oclock positions viewed from pulley end with pump upright
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Them's the ones :lol:
Richard W
Stewart(oily)

Post by Stewart(oily) »

That sounds about right, as a test see if you can get a bolt through the hole in the cam sprocket too.