Lexia / Planet Install Help Please

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Lexia / Planet Install Help Please

Post by rory_perrett »

I’m having problems installing Peugeot Planet software. I’ve had the Lexia for a while for the Citroens. Installed the Lexia 3 software no problem and been using it happily with the Xantia and Xsara. Now I want to install Peugeot Planet to read the codes off a neighbour’s very very sick 2001 51 plate 206 petrol. (I am assuming a standard OBD II reader isn't going to work on it)

This is the sequence so far.
Boot computer, laptop is running XP service pack 3.
Disable internet connection and antivirus
I have created the version.txt file on the c: drive.
Run Instpc from the CD supplied with the Hardware.
Get first pop-up box with instructions – last line of which is “Validated to continue, otherwise, press the return key” I get 2 options, bottom left button showing exit and F1, bottom right showing “OK” and return key symbol. I click “OK”. Next box asks for language selection, I click Union Jack, I then get the option of F3 to accept or F4 to reject. I accept by selecting F3.
Next screen gives the message “Updating Portable” followed after a while by a picture of a Peugeot 107. Then after another short while I get a new box saying, “The installation of your application has failed. “Please restart ........ Confirm to end”. Only option is button bottom right showing “OK” and return symbol. I select this and the install closes.
Tried doing the install in safe mode – same result.
Anyone go any clues please?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Lexia / Planet Install Help Please

Post by spider »

Do you not have Diagbox with it ?

That would be slightly easier as it will install Lexia and Planet.

I don't have a stand alone Planet (not looked into splitting it out of Diagbox) to confirm this though.

Typically when it asks to validate after the first install you *must* not validate and shut it down then apply the "tweak" if supplied then restart it then manually validate if required.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
rory_perrett

Post by rory_perrett »

No I don't think I do.
CD has two directories on it one for Lexia and one for Planet.
spider

Post by spider »

Oh.

Not sure what to say then as I'm not aware of a standalone PP download, there are plenty of Diagbox ones but that will may* screw your existing Lexia install up (you may actually need to reinstall Windows afresh to sort if it goes wrong)

*Unverified as I say I don't have stand alone ones but knowing the installers are fragile at the best of times this makes logical sense to me.
Andy.

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

I think I have a standalone copy of PP2000 on one of the DVD's I got with my easydiagnostics Lexia 3... I've never looked at it though as I don't have a Peugeot and use Diagbox 7.xx anyway. I don't know how big it is or whether it works but I can have a look for you tonight and see if its of a size that I could upload.

Alternatively I have download links for Diagbox 5.29 (old version that will work with Chinese clone Lexia interfaces) or Diagbox 7.15 which is a very recent version that works on fully compatible interfaces. (What I'm using) Here are the links:

Diagbox 7.02 - 7.15:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!jJJ11IhI!Kr2p1iBUR4oxVw_oDec_bA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Diagbox 5.29:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!mMAkSKbY!XLBJ5AGUSi4WN0fmYwEfIg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You're welcome to try them, at your own risk of course. You would need to fully un-install Lexia/PP2000 first as Diagbox replaces (and includes) both of them. I have never tried V5.29 but I can vouch for 7.02 / 7.15, so long as your interface is a newer one that supports Diagbox 6.00 and later. In theory V5.29 should work on any Lexia interface but as I say I have not tested that version myself since my interface was supplied with Diagbox 6.22 and works with the latest versions.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
spider

Post by spider »

5.29 did install OK but I did not take it outside to the car, there were no problems noticed with the interface itself etc. I did the 'no update' edit anyway just to be safe.

This was on 2K with my 'dll' tweak.

My main one runs 6x something as that's what came with it and I just left it alone as it worked, although it does seem a bit flakey or slow sometimes but it works OK if you're patient. XP with 2GB and 1.6Ghz Atom though (but 4 cores)
Andy.

Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Do you mean my linked 5.29 download installed ok and looked like it would work ? Good to know if that's the case. :) One of the files for the 5.29 download was missing but I fixed that a while ago.

Yes any version of Diagbox is slow on an atom, I'm having to run 7.02 on an atom based netbook of similar specs due to our main laptop dying and its usable but quite slow to load. Does the job though! :)
Simon

1978 CX 2400
spider

Post by spider »

Yes that's correct (twas me who pointed out in the PM the awol file) :)
Andy.

spider

Post by spider »

Last edited by spider on 31 Jul 2013, 13:31, edited 2 times in total.
Andy.

Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

Follow these install guides and you won't have a problem:

http://nwex.co.uk/downloads/peugeot/planet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
rory_perrett

Post by rory_perrett »

Thanks for assistance - problem seems to be solved. In the end I gave up on the version on my disc and downloaded a slightly newer stand alone version from the net. That has now installed, all I have to do now is activate and see what happens when I plug it in to the car.

Car appears to be running on 3 cylinders. Although there is a spark at all 4 plugs, the plug from No 1 is wet. I'm going for a coil pack or injector fault although it could be fuel pressure as well maybe.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Is it running on 3 cylinders all the time, or only under some load ? If its running on 3 cylinders even at idle yet the coils can throw a good spark on all cylinders I'd also check the compressions since a stuck closed injector shouldn't leave a wet spark plug...
Simon

1978 CX 2400
rory_perrett

Post by rory_perrett »

Its running on 3 all the time, struggles to start and is a rough as anything on tickover with little improvement with increased revs. The compressions are good in all cyclinders. A search of the net brings up a whole host of suggestions, coil pack, injector, cam sensor, sparkplug, head gasket, O2 sensor, throttle body, fuel pressure. Hopefully the compression test has eliminated head gasket and a plug change made no difference. I'm hoping that the comuter will flag up a few clues to narrow it down.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

So basically anything that might cause a misfire then :lol:

What engine is it, and how many coils does it have ? Are the coils individually removable/swappable ?

If they are I'd lift a coil out (or plug lead if its not coil over plug) and test the spark from each coil to see how far it will jump to an earth wire, it should be able to jump about 20mm which is 60,000 volts. (In ambient air the voltage is roughly 3000 volts per millimetre)

About 5,000 volts is enough to fire the spark plug at idle but under full throttle it can go up to over 40,000 volts.

If the spark can jump the same distance from all 4 coils/leads the problem is probably not spark related... In that case it could be a lean misfire and you probably want to do an injector balance test which is an easy test to do, but does need a fuel pressure gauge and an "exciter" to pulse the injectors one at a time.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
rory_perrett

Post by rory_perrett »

I suspect that it is a 1.1 given the position of the OBDII port (but could be a 1.4) The coil is a "solid bar" which plugs onto each sparkplug as a single unit. As you say seeing a spark isn't the same as the spark being up to the job but as there are no individual leads its difficult to check/test individually. Not sure how easy it is to get the injectors out to swap a couple of them over an see if the "problem" moves.