instrument panel change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john
My Cars:

instrument panel change

Post by john »

is there anyway to check if the instrument panel has been change on a mk1 berlingo? i ask as i was checking through the cars previous mots online and say the mileage jump 50k in the space of 8 months, im sure its possible it could have done 50k in 8 months (223 miles per day :shock: ) but given that it was averaging 9k before AND after the big jump it leads to think the cluster may have changed.
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Re: instrument panel change

Post by rory_perrett »

Not familiar with the Berlingo but if you remove the dash module you should find some production dates either moulded into the plastic housing and/or on labels on it. Although this may not be conclusive, if the unit is newer than the date the car was built then you know its a replacement. If the date is significantly before the car was made then there is a good chance its a replacement. Car manufacturers tend not to hold a lot of parts in stock (although suppliers might) but if it was made more than, say, six months before the car was built then that could be an indication that it is a replacement. The other thing is to look for evidence of removal, screw heads damaged, fixings missing, trim damaged etc.
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

been changed, car reg. in april 2001, clocks label stamp 07.02
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Was going to say if someone had swapped BSi with a used one it would of "added" that mileage to it as well...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
john
My Cars:

Post by john »

yeah the bsi has a luggage label on it so i thought something was up (not just the mileage).
Citroen Xsara Picasso
Subaru Impreza WRX
Nissan Primastar