Please help Re 307 DPF / overheating issue!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

307Dturbo

Please help Re 307 DPF / overheating issue!

Post by 307Dturbo »

Hi Everyone Andy here, New to the forums but have trawled about them few times over the years, Recently upgraded my old 206 1.9d (what a trooper may i add), And moved over to a 307 Dturbo hdi, Its a 2004 110 with 117k on it, Full service up until last year, you name it its had it done with receipts to prove. Car drives lovely apart from a couple niggles which id like some help with if anybody has the no how.

1st issue is engine over heats, My fan is a 2 speed and should come on when a/c is on and when engine reaches around 90", and then a second higher speed kicks in when engine reaches 107"..., The issue im having is that my slow speed fan doesn't work at all and engine is often overheating to 107 before high speed kicks in, If i switch the air con the high speed fan kicks in and out but offers little cooling as inst constant, I had a diagnostics today which showed me a fault code of p1519 cooling function. My car isn't loosing any water and never reaches a point where I get the STOP light come on. Its driving me mad as the fan obviously works but no as it should ? any ideas would be appreciated....

2nd and last issue is a new 1 as showed up today on diag, p1453 additive system, p1442 additive quantity, p1448 particle filter overloaded, p1447 particle filter, p0100 flow sensor signal.

Could they anyway be related, Also if i have my dpf drilled out and have it remapped from ecu will this solve it ?

Sorry for such a long post and any help is really appreciated

Cheers Andy.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Please help Re 307 DPF / overheating issue!

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Although it is for a Xantia, I think that this might help you;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=31403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
307Dturbo

Post by 307Dturbo »

thanks for reply Ill have a look into that as far as cooling gos cheers !
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

If you fan isn't working that means it won't be able to regenerate, and is probably causing all those errors.

Check out the relays, they should be under the bonnet slam panel. They're exposed to dirt and the elements and will probably be at fault.

It could be worth getting a Planet diagnostic to check the relays and activate the fan manually.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

You certainly have a few issues there, as suggested low speed fan relay could be an issue,they do tend to corrode, depends on the type of system fitted.
Getting rid of the DPF is a plus plus situation, in the longer the car will reward you with better reliability and fuel consumption.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
307Dturbo

Post by 307Dturbo »

Hi ppl cheers for reply, I have narrowed the fan issue down to corroded fuse within the relatys which is now cured the issue, took for a blast to try and get DPF regeneration going and no luck think it might be buggered now,

DPF is getting removed along with the CAT as well, Will I be ok to just gut the cat out or will I need to have a new decat pipe made up ?

Thanks for help ppl,

wasnt sure if it was same Gibbo from peugoet forums until I noticed display pic lol.
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

We always gut the existing cat/ dpf, that way the car does not look modified at MOT time.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami