C5 fogs won't switch off

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mikrosoft
My Cars:

C5 fogs won't switch off

Post by Mikrosoft »

Hi guys had my c5 estate nearly a week and have been busy finding out everything I can from the manual but, one thing has me stumped the rear fogs in the manual say push forward for fronts then again for rears, mine is the other way round you pull towards you for fronts and again for rear but switching them off is a no go however many times I twist the switch forward they don't turn off and I have to turn the main lights off to reset them :shock: not very safe when driving at night and if I have auto lighting enabled I can't turn them off at all.

Please someone tell me this is a simple fix :-D
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C5 fogs won't switch off

Post by RichardW »

It sounds suspiciously like the COM2000 is duff, or it might be fitted with the wrong one. If you get it on Lexia, then you should be able to see if the computer is getting the right message or not.
Richard W
Mikrosoft
My Cars:

Post by Mikrosoft »

Thanks Richard a friend of mine has just given me a lexia that he doesn't use anymore but he can't find the disc with the software I have been trying to find it but to no avail so far :)

It's going back to the garage it came from tomorrow so they can look at it so I'm hoping the 3 month warranty will cover it.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Thanks to Mandrake, you can download it, see http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=45215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richard W
Mikrosoft
My Cars:

Post by Mikrosoft »

RichardW wrote:Thanks to Mandrake, you can download it, see http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=45215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you but it doesn't seem to work downloading it just stops :(

Good news garage is hopefully doing it under warranty within the next few weeks :)
Mikrosoft
My Cars:

Post by Mikrosoft »

Quick update I phoned citroen today to get some back history on the car and found out it had a new comm 2000 unit fitted last year and I said is it still under warranty long story short they have booked it in tomorrow to have a look so hopefully it will be replaced at citroen.

Very helpful bunch they are printing off a list of all the things it has had done since new as well which is a bonus :)