Citroen dispatch engine swap

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

maudharry

Citroen dispatch engine swap

Post by maudharry »

hi , im looking for some help I have a dispatch van with a 1.9 d non turbo engine which blew up , so I got another engine through ebay but it was different ive got it running but the rear engine mounting that the driveshaft goes through is different , and also there is a hole in the sump which I presume a pipe goes to can I just blank this off ?, can anyone tell me which engine I have and what vehicle can I get the bits I need from ie will the rear mounting fit from a Peugeot partner van
many thanks darren
Last edited by maudharry on 23 Jul 2013, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: Citroën dispatch engine swap

Post by Stewart(oily) »

The mounting from your old engine will probably fit.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
maudharry

Post by maudharry »

the mounting from the old engine doesn't fit
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Are you sure its the same engine? A hole in the sump may signify a return oil pipe for a turbo.

Peter
maudharry

Post by maudharry »

hi Peter its a different engine but both non turbo I have had to change the exhaust manifold and the wiring loom also where you top the oil up is in a different place and there was was no pipe to the sump could this pipe be a breather pipe as def not for a turbo
I think they have sent me a dw8 engine but not to sure , but is def different to the original engine also the injection pumps were different one lucus and one bosch but I have got the engine running sweet , but need to find out what rear enginge mounting I need and what pipework I need from the inlet manifold to the sump
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

There are 2 different engine mounts for DW8, depending on age, and they're only fitted to Dispatch (and presumably the Pug equivalent). Is the hole in the sump threaded? It might be for an oil level sensor?
Richard W
maudharry

Post by maudharry »

hi thanks Richard the hole in the sump is not threaded def for a pipe as the bit of pipe coming out the sump has a collar to push the pipe up to if you know what I mean and all I can think is it fits from the to the inlet manifold pipework , could it be the wjy engine
Last edited by maudharry on 23 Jul 2013, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Where's the hole?
Richard W
maudharry

Post by maudharry »

the hole is at the front of the sump as you look into the engine bay approx. in the middle and would be under the pipe that goes to the air filter
Last edited by maudharry on 23 Jul 2013, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
maudharry

Post by maudharry »

only thing I can think of its some kind of breather
maudharry

Post by maudharry »

just blanked the sump pipe off , and had it running for over a hour seems fine so just need the rear engine mounting