Citroen Despatch Help!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rednip1203

Citroen Despatch Help!!

Post by Rednip1203 »

Citroen Dispatch 2000 HELP!!
I have a 2000 Citroen Dispatch 1.9 disel non turbo van that has a problem!! For no reason and at very spaced intervals it will just cut out! I have changed fuel filter,air filter and removed the injectors and had them professionally tested ( they are fine) i am out of idears! it does smoke (white) on start up from cold and runs slightly rough on tick over but once warm all is well! You can be driving at say 50 on a straight road in 5 th gear it will just pause then stop!? once at a halt it will start fine it is a worry as i am going on holiday in it with the family soon!! Any help would be great! Thanks Jason
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: Citroën Despatch Help!!

Post by Stewart(oily) »

I would be checking the battery cables at both ends to begin with.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

I would be looking at electrical, battery cables as suggested or earthing points corroded. My old BX had a similar problem and it turned out to be the lead (indirectly) from ignition switch to the fuel pump, the one which tells the thing to stop when you switch off, worn and shorting out where it goes through the bulkhead. I had spent ages looking for a mechanical fault and it turned out to be electrical and simple.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Take a close look at the wiring loom that runs over the top of the steering pump, you will need to take off the clips & pull back the plastic conduit, very common for several wires to rot & break in there.