Peugeot 206 cc faulty door sensor

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bojan206cc

Peugeot 206 cc faulty door sensor

Post by bojan206cc »

Hello to everybody on this forum. :-D I have Peugeot 206 cc 1.6 from 2003. I have problem with passenger door. When i close the door indicator gives me a signal that the door is still open. When i press the remote lock on the key, the car locks and immediately unlocks. if anyone has a solution for this problem please tell me, or somebody know Is it possible to turn off this sensor. This problem going on my nerves :twisted:
Thanks
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Peugeot 206 cc faulty door sensor

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I cannot promise that this is the right answer, but if a wire has failed (normally in the concertina sleeve between the door and pillar) then the central locking might not be able to see the lock status of the door. I had a (slightly) similar issue in that (on both nearside and offside) rear doors were no longer on the central locking, and this wasn't able to monitor (or activate) them. Some time with a soldering iron and extra lengths of wiring overcame this problem.

PS Welcome to the forum. Have fun, and happy spannering.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
bojan206cc

Post by bojan206cc »

Thanks for your advice but i think that it is not the problem. The problem is the door sensor who is located in the lock. Sometimes works sometimes not. I wonder if anyone has solution for this problem or if there is a chance to turn off the sensor.
Thanks
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I think they don't have a door pin switch they rely on the actuator itself, that may be faulty. It may be easier if the door wiring is OK (I think Planet can do an actuator test too) to replace the actuator in the door.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG