De-FAP a C5 2.2HDi Exclusive info please.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

h2ocooler
My Cars:

De-FAP a C5 2.2HDi Exclusive info please.

Post by h2ocooler »

Hi All
Im going to France in 2 weeks and plan to De-FAP my dads C5, he is getting blocked diesel filter and anti pollution messages.
Now the question is, I know I need a Galletto cable but will also need ECU safe, I have been having a look around but cannot find a cheap copy, does anyone know where I can get it please?

Once i have read and saved (plus a back up) the ECU map, is it easy to alter the parameters to delete the FAP and addative system or is there bits of it hidden?

One last thing, how can I tell that the system has been deleted from the map and that it is safe to smash the guts out of the FAP?

I also have to replace the Swirl flap actuator and check over the vac system as he is getting Turbo overboost every now and again, I might take a spare electrovalve with me just in case, as they all the same or different (and what one is the swirl electrovalve) as there are loads listed on the "Bay"

Thanks
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
bamba

Re: De-FAP a C5 2.2HDi Exclusive info please.

Post by bamba »

Is this the same as dpf ? Just. A quick note that the mot rules have or are changing to say if there any signs of modifications to the dpf a failure notice will be given. Mosted blocked dpfs can be cleared be a good run to ensure dpf regen cycle is completed.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

They are not to expensive to replace.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIESEL-PARTIC ... 4849d324e9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Well worth getting rid of the DPF, if you can, we have tried every which way, and removal is best. Cant see the MOT being an issue for a long time, there is no easy way of checking if its there or not.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
bamba

Post by bamba »

If they can see its been cut and welded in places other than the seams it may fail if its visable. If its a neat job and re welded in the same position should be ok.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Nothing in current or (currently proposed) regs about DPFs - only a check required for catalyst presence on spark ignition engines.
Richard W
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I'm sure there was something about adding a small new vacuum pipe and a t-piece somewhere to 'trick' it into thinking it was working fine, this did not need any software updates to the ECU either, suspect the Eolys tank was then just filled with derv to keep it happy.

Although if the cut and join is done very neatly (should be possible with care along the existing factory join) there may not be a way to externally tell given that some pattern cats for example, the welding on them is not brilliant to say the least so no one should really be any the wiser.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

RichardW wrote:Nothing in current or (currently proposed) regs about DPFs - only a check required for catalyst presence on spark ignition engines.
Seconded. No need to worry so don't.
Yes, get rid of it - couple of hours work and no worries about fluid etc, but do as you've already considered and go the Galetto / ecusafe route, you just tick the no dpf (and egr) options. I'm afraid that I seem to have lost my copy of Ecusafe after a pc rebuild ( really :oops: ) but I'll keep looking through my backups, unless there's anyone else out there?
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

Looking at the FAP/DPF there will be no welding required as it unbolts, will just take it off and smash the guts out then replace the empty can.

Would be great if anyone has a copy of ecusafe I could "borrow"
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Still looking I'm afraid, I'll try some of my older hdd's next
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

Monkeyfeet wrote:Still looking I'm afraid, I'll try some of my older hdd's next
Thanks for not giving up :)
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

A piece in the current issue of Auto Torque magazine says this:

DPFs were introduced by Citroen and Peugeot in 2001, with Mercedes Benz following not far behind. But while back then the use of DPFs was not compulsory, the September 2010 Euro 5 regulations, through their technical demands, meant a DPF would have to be fitted.

The magazine says also that motor factors in the 'Parts Alliance' are now supplying refurbished used DPFs as a cheaper alternative to buying new, there is a new patented water/air system for cleaning them.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Aren't the internals all silver or something else? Stick them in a bucket and go to a local weigh in station and just say its the bits from inside your cat :)

should get a few quid back for it then and will help the environment that little bit more :)

I thought the normal Chixia could do the DPF deletion?
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

There is another option, its possible to take the FAP off and split it. You can then jet wash all the cruddy carbon out and reassemble the FAP. I had this done to mine monday this week and the difference is VERY noticeable. I've had "unblock diesel filter" messages for the last couple of weeks, then it went into limp home mode when i took it for an Italian tune up with the "emissions problem" message.
The FAP was blocked solid and very nasty indeed, the car is like new now, it picks up so much better and the average mpg has also risen 7mpg overnight. :bd:
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

Hey all.

Ok, I have managed to get a working copy of ecusafe and found an original ecu map for a C5 (got it of a tuning site)
Now to remove the FAP is it just a case of selecting the ECU type in ecusafe, checking the FAP remove box (do i need to check the adblue box as well) open the map then save it and it is done, then just upload it back to the car?
When that is done do I have to use Lexia to remove the FAP from the BSI ??
Rob