Citroen C5 'Anti pollution problem'

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bryjan
New User

Citroen C5 'Anti pollution problem'

Post by bryjan »

I have read and printed the notes I have read on this site and got a vague idea about the swirl valve/turbo vacuum system being usually the problem but have to go to the Dutch garage tomorrow to tell them about this problem showing up for the last two days and could they fix it. Being a foreign woman (~!) I don't want to get ripped off so is there any 'simple' way I can ask them to fix this problem without paying a fortune? Many thanks
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Citroen C5 'Anti pollution problem'

Post by myglaren »

Welcome to the forums bryjan :welc:

Unfortunately this is rather short notice but fortunately garages are becoming educated to the fact that potentially half their customers are women and they need to be treated fairly and with respect. They are not universally misogynistic, as my daughters will testify.

Also unfortunate is that the "Antipollution Warning" covers many possible faults, not all having any connection with pollution problems.

Ideally you need a diagnostic session with a Lexia (dedicated Citroen diagnostic computer) to help investigate the problem.
Many of the forum members offer this to other members but there are no members in Holland that have volunteered so far.

What were the symptoms when the message appeared? that may help to narrow down the probabilities.

Also, if your C5 normally does mainly city driving, with short trips being normal then sometimes a good fast run on a motorway, working the engine hard, will clear a lot of problems. Around 80-10Km is usually sufficient.
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Re: Citroen C5 'Anti pollution problem'

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Just noticed this, so you've probably been to the garage already. If so how did you get on?
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.