C5 Mk III 2009 - parking sensor & seat probs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Superaquarama

C5 Mk III 2009 - parking sensor & seat probs

Post by Superaquarama »

Hi Guys,

Before I take the car (C5 Tourer HDi Exclusive) back to the dealer, has anyone any suggestions for:

a) parking sensors - the display still works perfectly but the alarm bleeper doesn't, which is why I backed into a dustbin yesterday !

b) passenger seat electrics all ceased to work - fuse seems ok. If this isn't ECU controlled I imagine I can sort it with a meter.

c) probably coincidence, but a light ticking noise has now started, seems to be coming from the instrument cluster area; not loud but certainly audible, about every 2 seconds. Occurs when going along and after switch-off, I imagine until the economy mode cuts in.

Thanks,

Anthony
Superaquarama

Re: C5 Mk III 2009 - parking sensor & seat probs

Post by Superaquarama »

Just refreshing this as no-one's replied !
Superaquarama

Post by Superaquarama »

Bit of a follow-up here in case anyone's searching archives.

I found today that, when checking the elec seat fuse last weekend, I hadn't replaced it properly.

When I did so a) the clicking stopped and b) the parking sensors bleep again - result !

But the elec seat motors still don't work....................
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

At least something is fixed!
Sorry but I can't really help. I would think the seats are ecu controlled because the drivers seat has a memory function and it won't let you change to a different memory when driving unless you press and hold for ages. I guess a diagbox session is needed?
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
Superaquarama

Post by Superaquarama »

Thanks Moose - spoke to the Citroen garage today and you're right, there is an ECU but they said they've never known one to fail. I said I'd take it in one day for them to look at, at least I have a warranty if it's expensive ! The diagnostic check button comes up with 'no faults', by the way.