Citroen 15CV-Water and Sand Ingress

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Citroen 15CV-Water and Sand Ingress

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Probably not the best idea to take a 15CV and drive it through the dunes and onto the beach but it was such a nice day today :)

The Lions had just done us all proud in Sydney and it was only a mile or so down the road from the Widdrington Inn to Druridge bay

After the usual paddling around and picking stuff up I headed back up the dunes, and lying upside down in the sand was this prime example of the 15CV breed, direct from the Macau factory.

A bit of plus gas has freed off the seized wheels, but its in need of a paint job.

What are the chances of that happening....................

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Citroen 15CV-Water and Sand Ingress

Post by CitroJim »

Wow, that's great Neil :-D

Was that a beach in France?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

This is what it might have looked like new 25$ in Brazil on mercado livre

or perhaps with a red interior

The wheels on "mine" look to be slightly different spec. Maybe it was a "hot wheels" type of thing which was designed to whizz down a plastic yellow chute :)

I wonder what the history of it is? Its not a current toy, probably a 1984 vintage. Looking around one in good condition in a box probably would only fetch about £10 but personally speaking the distressed state and the story give the find a far greater value to me.

Jim-the beach as you would probably come to expect from me is in Northumberland :)

regards

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: Jim-the beach as you would probably come to expect from me is in Northumberland :)
Gosh :-D I bet if that little car could talk it would have a heck of a tale to tell about its journey there..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

"To Widdrington and beyond!

If only I had come across it before 1995, written a draft screenplay, and pitched it to a few Hollywood Studios :-D

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

So how can we possibly add to the thread today...the story is done and told...

I am guessing that on its bottom the little car had stamped on it Citroen 15CV but there were many variants, and many different names, here's some examples from wiki
wikipage
wikipage
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3% ... tion_Avant

How about adding to the thread today a celebration of the Traction Avant, I know I have a few original photo's lying around, and there are other interesting posts I can remember. In the meantime here's a bit of bio-gas

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 18 Nov 2014, 22:21 I do think the two-tone adds a bit of "je ne sais quoi"

nice shot of the interior as well from the Traction Owners Club site

Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Wonder what the Berliner Morgenpost has to offer the Citroen Traction Avant celebration...

This gorgeous garage in Potsdam
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

The Falcon originals for today's Citroen Traction Avant celebration, er a few more party goers would be welcome!
aatractionavant3.jpg

The Citroen Traction Avant of course made an appearance in the Sound of Music...(The von Trapps getaway car), and in From Russia with Love. viewtopic.php?p=471664&hilit=traction+avant%2A#p471664

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

One other aspect of the selected thread today is the location, Druridge Bay Northumberland. Behind the dunes we have the Drift Cafe Cresswell which has a few interesting nik-naks for sale. Here's one I clicked the shutter on at a recent visit.

Sunday 12th June 1956 a programme for the Druridge Bay Motorcycle Sand Races organised by the Newcastle and District Motor Club. According to some local forum discussion here when they were revived in 1950 After a break of 15 years, nearly 50,000 spectators attended the reopening of the races
druridgebay sand races.jpg
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey