406 climate control

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CANDO

406 climate control

Post by CANDO »

When I start my car on a very cold or frosty morning and I have the climate tempture set at, say 23 degrees, and the engine temperature as risen a little I expect the heater blower fan to speed up to rapidly bring the cabin temperature up, but it feels and sounds as if it is blowing warm/hot air butrunning on not much more than a low setting. The manual button works ok, as does the fan speed display which I know is only supposed to show when in manual mode. During the recent hot weather I remember to fan running faster to reduce the temperature but it doesn't seem to do the reverse. Can any one tell me if their system does this or do I have a fault?
jet_andy
My Cars:

Post by jet_andy »

I've never known the blower automatically run as fast on heating as it does on cooling. On a hot summers day, it really goes for it, but on a cold day it's much steadier, generally speeds up a little after a few minutes, but never full belt. I find generally I don't touch the controls much, I leave it set at 21-22 degrees and leave it on auto all year round.