non turbo 2005 dispatch van self reving issue.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

scratch
New User

non turbo 2005 dispatch van self reving issue.

Post by scratch »

hi all
im a newbie here hope this is in the right place.
I have a dispatch van with the dw8 engine and lucas injection pump the problem I have is that the damper or dash-pot lever pushes the revs up I have removed the damper/dash-pot lever and cured the problem but I cant seem to find a replacement anywhere I just cant find the right part number for it. I did find a pug part similar but there where three part numbers listed " 1563 H5 , 1563 K8 & 1563 K7 " and I don't know which one if any would fit. I hope someone can help or point me in the right direction. Thanks for your time.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: non turbo 2005 dispatch van self reving issue.

Post by CitroJim »

Scratch, welcome :-D

On Bosch pumps with a damper it's normal practice to take them off and throw them away when they start causing the problems you have...

If all is OK without it and there's no tendency to stall without it fitted I'd be inclined to take the same route and not worry about it..

The damper was originally fitted as an emissions control measure in that it prevented the throttle being rapidly cracked open and making excess smoke as a result.

It really wasn’t the effective even when new..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
scratch
New User

Re: non turbo 2005 dispatch van self reving issue.

Post by scratch »

thanks for that jim I wont look any further for a replacement part as it runs better with out it as you said.it used to rev on its own after a motorway run for about 10 seconds but its ok with out it a bit of a weird fault really.