Mpg and mileage hdi

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Welshy_Pete
My Cars: 306 hdi 1999 + 306 hdi 2000

Mpg and mileage hdi

Post by Welshy_Pete »

I run my 306 hdi empty and the light comes on for 100miles. So then I filled the car up £90 to the top nearly in shock at this point lol

Thinking when its going to end but luckly £90 was it lol.

I thought I wont be doing this again in a rush lol

The main reason was to see the fuel gauge working correct doing to being low along time. Its now working fine after I cleaned it up also filled it up to.

So for the £90 works out 271.5miles each £30 but full £90 used
815miles on 30mph, 40mph and 60mph roads full tank to empty.

I then just put in £30 each time 286.5miles till I did £90 on 3 times £30 giving
860miles on 30mph, 40mph and 60mph roads full tank to empty.

I was using the same roads on the same conditions etc. But my mileage went up with filling the car up less. Also there plenty of fuel stations around so I pass them easy without driving off out the way etc.

I only use big brand fuels like shell and Bp. But also use Texaco and Esso as well.

I'm not sure what mpg I'm getting?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Mpg and mileage hdi

Post by spider »

Depends how many litres you put in and how much it was per litre. Easier to work that out than say £x into tank and x miles.

This may help > http://www.mpg-calculator.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Theorecticaly the mpg should be better if you only part fill the tank as its carrying less weight but there are many factors that affect consumption, primarily the way the car is driven, speed, acceleration and the gear you are in all make a difference as does ambient temperature. If you don't have a fuel computer the only accurate way it to brim the tank each time you fill it and then work out your litres to miles ratio.

Peter
LeWaftBarge

Post by LeWaftBarge »

Or fill the tank to the brim, drive till low, re-brim it, divide the miles by the litres used to fill the tank and multiply by 4.546 to work out MPG.