1997 406 sedan disable Keypad for Immobilizer

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

telsum

1997 406 sedan disable Keypad for Immobilizer

Post by telsum »

Hi all,

Been reading around for how to disable my keypad for the immobilizer.
Reason I want to do this is I bought the car second hand, they didn't know the PIN themselves so as you can understand the 1 key has been getting a thrashing and is close to giving up the ghost.

Going by http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ad#p350683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it's relatively easy to disable after you have entered the PIN, I'm just wanting to double check that disabling the keypad it will still work with me having to use the service code to get the light green. (All ones)

Cheers
Tel
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: 1997 406 sedan disable Keypad for Immobilizer

Post by CitroJim »

Tel, you don't say which engine you have in your 406...

Generally what you have read is good and works for the majority of engines but one that it doesn't work with is the 2.0 TCT (RGX) engine with Bosch MP3.2 injection. This was a rare engine on the 406 fitted to only a couple of early models so hopefully yours is not one of them...

The code 1111 is the default PIN and is not the service code.

To ease wear on the 1 button you should be able to change the PIN following the normal procedure...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
telsum

Post by telsum »

Thanks Jim,

Sorry, shes a bit dark out now to check out the engine (I'm in New Zealand). Will do tomorrow and post details.
I tried to set a new pin, even called the local PUG dealer who sent my request up to the Wellington dealer, They "checked" Peugeot in Frances system to see if any record of the original pin was stored in there.
I followed the procedure they described, it just didn't take.
The instructions I had were straight out of the manual.
1) Turn on the ignition
2) Enter the code 1111
3) hit the C button
4) enter the new pin
5) hit the C button
and the code is confirmed by 4 flashes of the light with 4 beeps.
Last edited by telsum on 24 Jun 2013, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
telsum

Post by telsum »

CitroJim wrote:Tel, you don't say which engine you have in your 406...

Generally what you have read is good and works for the majority of engines but one that it doesn't work with is the 2.0 TCT (RGX) engine with Bosch MP3.2 injection. This was a rare engine on the 406 fitted to only a couple of early models so hopefully yours is not one of them...

The code 1111 is the default PIN and is not the service code.

To ease wear on the 1 button you should be able to change the PIN following the normal procedure...
Well feck me, your post made me go out and try again.
Same 4 beeps and flashes, locked the door, came inside, grabbed a beer, had a cig, went back out after 5-10 minutes, it bloody well worked.
About the only thing I can think of is last time I tried to change the pin is I did not lock the car while I gave it time to go back to requiring a pin.

Thanks a LOT for your very simple help. (I really had tried it before)
Tel
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Tel, that's excellent. pleased to have been of help :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Some models can be set (406 and 306 at least) when you use the remote to unlock the car (not the key in the door it must be remote unlocked with the plip) it will automatically go to green.

And it will stay green for about 20 to 30 seconds if you are quick you can get in and the ignition on which saves messign around with the keypad but the delay is short enough to prevent theft.

I cannot remember the sequence to do this though, it is a standard feature but something tells me they "forgot" to put it into the handbook, its not service mode either.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

spider wrote:Some models can be set (406 and 306 at least) when you use the remote to unlock the car (not the key in the door it must be remote unlocked with the plip) it will automatically go to green.
Andy, if it's like the XM then this can be set as follows:

Enter your normal PIN to unlock. Within ten seconds of doing so enter C 1 C

You should hear four bleeps and four flashes of the green LED to confirm.

Tghis is called automatic mode.

You can go back to manual mode by repeating the above but entering C 0 C

I have my XM set on automatic and love it but beware not to get too used to it and forget the PIN!!!
Jim

telsum

Post by telsum »

That would be Great, unfortunately the C 1 C didn't work for me.
Neither did the below procedure for keys with 2 buttons. (Not really a shock, my key only has 1 button)

This proceedure will only work for keys with 2 buttons on.
1. turn on ignition and enter code. (red light goes to green)
2. Press C button twice (keypad beeps)
3. Press large button on key once (keypad beeps)
4. If you have a second key press large button on it if no spare key or spare key has no buttons press large button on first key again (keypad beeps)
5. Press C button on keypad twice (keypad beeps)
6. Press C button on keypad once (keypad beeps)
7. Press button number 1 once (keypad beeps)
8. Press C button again (keypad beeps)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

telsum wrote:That would be Great, unfortunately the C 1 C didn't work for me.
It doesn't work on my S1 Xantia either :(

And I can't see any difference in the keypads either.
Jim

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The config (if it can do that or not) for it lives in the CPH or the ECU (CPH on diesels for sure, petrols could be either) as far as I know. They keypad is just a dumb item.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG