help needed synergie 2.0 HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

buzz-uk
New User

help needed synergie 2.0 HDi

Post by buzz-uk »

hi, we recently purchased a 2001 synergie 2.0 hdi

about a week later the engine managment light came on so we took it to our local garage who cleared the codes and sent us on our way again. within 20 minutes the light came back on so we returned to the garage who then read the codes for us and gave us a list of the problems. he recomends seeing a auto electrician to get the car looked at as they are unsure on how to fix the problem themselves.

the codes are as follows.

p0220 - throttle/pedal position sensor/switch b circut

p0560 - system voltage

p0120 - throttle/pedal position sensor a circut

basically we are wondering if the throttle position sensor is something i could replace myself, if so where would i find it?

ideally we would like to spend as little as possible since we just shelled out a fair bit on the car. i have taken it to a local auto spark but he wouldnt give me a price to do the job which suggests to me its either a really cheap fix or its one of those really fiddly jobs that everyone hates doing. having already had the codes for him he wanted to charge me to read the codes again which set me on edge straight away, especially since the guys who checked the codes originally suggested i go to this guy.

anyway any help will be greatly appreciated and if any more info is required ill gladly supply anything needed.
buzz-uk
New User

Re: help needed synergie 2.0 HDi

Post by buzz-uk »

ok little update, i actually had a look under the bonnet and found it nice and easily, it doesnt look too difficult to swap over, but should that fix the issues im having with the position sensor?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Hi Buzz and welcome.

The TPS should be simple enough to swap but I would also recommend checking the battery voltage with the engine off and then with it running to be sure there isn't a problem there.

C5s are very susceptible to curious and spurious faults showing if the battery or charging system is degraded, your Synergie might share this defect.
Johnny Cogs
My Cars:

Post by Johnny Cogs »

Is it possible that the good old cooked battery terminal clamp could also throw up the low voltage warning?
'rolls in a 1.9TD Syn-bus!'